Highlights?

Options
Hi all, I have been doing research on getting my hair done but I am still a little nervous. I have terrible roots and usually don't do much with my hair except get highlights twice a year at the beginning of each semester. Some sites say yes, some say be careful, etc...

School is starting up again in two weeks and I want to get my hair done- I will be 16 weeks, which I know is better since I am out of the first semester.

I know going for all-out color is out of the question (but I don't do this anyway), but has anyone asked their practitioner about getting their hair just highlighted? I won't see mine again until after school starts up.

Thank ya!

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I asked mine and she said to do highlights, not straight dyeing. (Because the dye is right against your scalp but the highlights are in the foil). Personally I think this is silly but I did it anyway!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    I got all over color at 12 weeks...and I will say if that screwed up my baby, the poor thing was doomed to begin with!!! LOL

Most of the time, the issue is more with your hair itself. Your hormones can drastically change how your hair behaves and how much hair you lose, so perms and straightening treatments (chemical, of course) are advised against. I really don't think color is a big deal unless you bleach (might do more damage but nothing a little conditioner can't help).
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I still get my hair done. Hairdressers have babies all the time, right?
    But seriously, your hair can do crazy things. Last pregnancy I went to my normal hair chick for my normal color, and it turned my hair gray. Like, zombie gray. Not a great look.