I need some help here please

Options
Okay, this is where I get confused on logging in regards to my Fitbit Flex.

As of right now, it shows 15 minutes of VERY ACTIVE MINUTES. I did 20 minutes of cardio via HipHop Abs. Is this 15 min that my fitbit registers counted in my exercise for the day or do I need to log is separately?.

Replies

• MrsKTillman
    Options
    log your excercise into MFP... fitbit will correct it if it needs to. make sure you go into your settings and allow fitbit to make negative adjustments.
  • histomom
    histomom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always add the excerise in to MFP. I find it really hard to get those "active minutes' in a average day. When adding the excerise it should go towards your active minutes.
  • ojaicam
    ojaicam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think if you add the exercise into mfp and allow the fitbit to make adjustments you will end up double dipping although we may be moving for 15 min it may take five minutes to rach a point where the activity and heart rate is enough to register
  • albdusty
    albdusty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    MFP recommends to add the activities ONLY IN MFP. It will override the FitBit activity. This is designed this way since FitBit cannot accurately track other activities outside walking, running... Any strength training and even aerobic needs to be logged separately.
    The running and walking does not need to be logged in MFP. That activity will be reflected in MFP with the negative adjustment from FitBit, if its set to on.
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    MFP recommends to add the activities ONLY IN MFP. It will override the FitBit activity. This is designed this way since FitBit cannot accurately track other activities outside walking, running... Any strength training and even aerobic needs to be logged separately.
    The running and walking does not need to be logged in MFP. That activity will be reflected in MFP with the negative adjustment from FitBit, if its set to on.

not really. logging all exercise/movement in fitbit actually works extremely well. you just need to pick always logging in one place or the other.

your fitbit can go into/out of an "activity" mode that you then can go online and tell it what activity you did (it will calculate the calories then). this way you don't have to remember the exact time yourself (important bc the fitbit needs to know when you did this activity to balance out any movement it tracked during that time).
  • albdusty
    albdusty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It might be so. I was just mentioning what mfp says about this. I read about some issues that could appear if one does not follow their instructions but never seen one.