This first visit

micqs
micqs Posts: 186 Member
I have my first appointment to look for a dress tomorrow. I am quite nervous about it. Ive lost weight and still continuing to do so. So I think I will look killer next year :) However, right now.. not so much. I am so nervous about getting undressed in front of total strangers. I think it is more so because I am going alone to this appointment. Since we moved four states away, all of my bridal party and family is far away. I dont know what to expect.

Any advice for me? So far all anyone has given me is: wear white underwear, strapless bra, wear underwear I wouldnt mind being seen in public in, take pictures to show them ideas, and dont let them push me around. Does anyone else have any advice to someone going alone?

Replies

• kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    that is so exciting, but i can understand why you are nervous :/ i haven't been shopping yet, but others have told me that it gets very hot, so wear enough deodorant (haha) and maybe bring a bottle of water. also, i've heard to go in with an open mind, as something that looks awful on the hanger might look great when you try it on.

i can't wait to hear how everything goes!
  • I went last weekend and it does get VERY hot. Make sure you have a clip or something to tie your hair back, It does help to have a good idea on what you are looking for. It will help the appointment go faster. I find limiting the number of people you bring also helps. Most of all have FUN!
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    I went! I was so nervous when I went. I was all by myself as my family and bridal party are 4 states away. There was a large party that was also trying in dresses so it wasn't so awkward. I went to two different places and found seven dresses I liked. I didn't feel any thing special with any if them but I felt a little flutter on one if them. I sent pictures to my bridal party. So we will get their opinions! It wasn't too bad being naked in front of the stylist. At the one store they had me put on a slip and have me some privacy. The second shop was discreet and paid no mind to my body. Which helped me feel a bit better. And to be honest, it's so fast paced I hardly noticed my own body! I actually quite enjoyed it!
  • Glad you enjoyed it! I also went by myself and found I was able to be more decisive in my decision and much faster
  • agborensztein
    agborensztein Posts: 28 Member
    try to see if somebody can go with you, I found it a little stressful to be there by myself. Don't worry about the undressing in front of strangers part, the consultants don't care, they do this everyday, just enjoy the process.