Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to all UAC February 2018 members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Going to give this a try again. Maybe I can stay well enough to stick to my woe. I am a 60yo retired homemaker with arthritis and mobility issues. I have upped my steps each month by 10-15% and am currently getting close to 2500/day. I know that is not much for some but it is huge for me. The getting up and down hurts my knees most. There are other joints that are very adversely affected as well. I have done really well on Keto in the last 10 months and am excited to get this month started.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Kelsea, and I am a 26-year-old Physician Assistant student. While in school, I am trying to maintain my weight loss (50 lbs less than my highest), and I am trying to continue to eat well and exercise. My schedule is busy, but I have been successful throughout the last five months, and I am confident that I can keep it up.

I have been a member of UAC for over a year. I am not always active in the discussions, but reading the comments of other members makes my day and provides great motivation. Hopefully, I can provide encouragement and motivation for you too :)
  • Esmile777
    Esmile777 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Rita. I am new to UAC. I am 47 years old. I have had some health issues that began in 2012 and they have been challenging. My focus is my weight and diabetes because with it under control everything else should fall in place.

Nutrition and Exercise and Prayer are the keys for my success and UAC will keep me consistent.
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    When my birthday rolls around this year, it will have a 0 on the end, and it seems this year is a good time to make some long term changes. One of the biggest I want to make is to get to a "normal" BMI since I think it should pay off in the long run. As of today the entry point to that weight range is just over 13 pounds away.
    February will be my second month with the UAC. The consistency I get from being here is something I have been missing for a long time. I'd be doing good, but then over consume for a weekend or a few days, and all the gains would be loss. In January I cut out the big swings and my weight today, the last of January, is over 5 lbs less than the first weigh-in of the month.
    Hope everyone has a great month pursuing your goals!
  • Ceceev
    Ceceev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Im Cece and this is my second month in the challenge. It really helped me to amp up my exercise frequency this past month and the challenge helped me to do this! Thanks to everyone for being here with me!
  • dechensangmo3
    dechensangmo3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kinga from Transylvania and my goal is to find balace in physical maintenance. I would like to develop some reasonable habits to change my life for the better. For the last 3 months I did very little excercise and ate mindlessly so I gained about 27 lbs. I would like to get back on track. Thank you for your support!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Hello all -
    I'm Liselyn and coming back to MFP for some connection and inspiration to get my exercise level back to where it belongs. I lost over 30 pounds several years ago and have maintained well, but just retired a few months ago. It has been weird - and lately involves way too much laziness! Looking forward to getting to know this group, and to discipline with logging and sweating.

My additional daily accountability: no shower goes unearned. I'll let you know every day if I am clean or not!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am back for my second month, this really helped me set the foundations for getting fit and healthy, looking forward to February!
  • qwertycat1
    qwertycat1 Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm back for my second month, after sort of falling off the wagon for about the last week of January.
    I'm a 20 year old college student with big dreams to go to medical school. I deal with a lot of stress and sometimes I let that get the better of me. BUT NOT IN FEBRUARY! As second semester starts, I want to get back on track and lose that nasty 5-10lb residual weight that's holding me back from where I want to be.
    Cheers, and good luck everyone!

PS-- feel free to add me as a friend! I need people who'll read my diary and give me a gentle reminder when my butt needs kicking. And I'll do the same for you :)
  • JaqK23_
    JaqK23_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jaq. I have developed problems with my knees and need to lose some weight as I'm officially bordering on obese right now. I work on a contract basis so when I don't work (as per the last six months of last year), I sit around all day and don't do much. Then when I do work I travel across the country, trains and cars and hotels. The sudden start of moving after my latest job caused my knee pain to flare up again.
    I can't do a ton of exercise but I'm booking hotels where possible with a bit of a walk for me and sometimes a swimming pool to do physio and gentle exercise. Really hope this helps.
  • lcollaro
    lcollaro Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Lucia. This is my first time on the challenge and back to MFP after a long break. I'm turning the big 4-0 this summer and just need a little motivation to get back on track. I'm hoping this challenge will keep me motivated :)
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is my first challenge month. I found this group in November of 2017 and wanted to join, but knew that the holidays would derail me!

I've used MFP for years and have had pretty great success, lost about 30 lbs and have kept it off with the app and an active lifestyle. But I need to get strict about food again; my next goal is to loose another 30. I think this challenge will help me get calories back on track after a very 'live loose' kinda Autumn and winter.
  • Maryanne_V
    Maryanne_V Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Maryanne. I've used MFP before, but only recently started using it daily. This is my first challenge.

I weight 335# in December 2016, and dropped down to 265ish by October 2017. I gained back 20# by Christmas, and started using MFP in the New Year. I did very well in January and lost 15#, but I know at my size the first thirty will come off quick and nearly painlessly. I need be focused on creating a new lifestyle instead of worrying about starving myself today to make weight tomorrow.
  • nefariousjedi
    nefariousjedi Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Starting fresh!

SW: 158 lbs (Jan 29, 2018)
    GW: Between 118 - 128 lbs

Each week, I'll focus on 3-5 good habits. This week, my habits include:
    1. Drink a lot of water (6-8 glasses a day)
    2. No food after 8p.m.
    3. Be mindful of what I eat and the portion size
    4. Spend quality time with family
    5. Eat salad for 1 meal daily

Nice to meet you all! Thanks @RangerRickL, for putting this together!
  • syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My name is Sharon and this is my second month in the challenge. I’m pleased that I made it through and moved my body more than I have been but February I’d like to challenge myself to have more active 20 minutes. I barely slid by some days in January, so I plan to be better this time around!
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon a wee bit with checking in during January, but I did keep logging most of Jan, and the days I didn't track, I kept myself *mostly* in check too. Here's hoping for a more consistent February! Well done to everyone who took part in January, and Congratulations to those who got into the winners circle!
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am Sheeba. I participated in the challenge last year but in January I was on vacation till 8th so couldn't track my calories and didn't join. I still managed to lose 4lbs in January following the same rules :)
    Congrats to everyone who made it last month ! Really happy to be here. Happy February everyone !
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Happy February 1st!
    It feels good to get back to some accountability after trying to go it alone for the past few months. I am in maintenance for weight but have been getting sloppy about working out and I feel it. This group is just what I need as I figure out being retired (since June) but not at all ready for loafing around as much as I have been lately. I feel the bad habits creeping in!
    Thanks for this. Let's go!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy February 1st!
    It feels good to get back to some accountability after trying to go it alone for the past few months. I am in maintenance for weight but have been getting sloppy about working out and I feel it. This group is just what I need as I figure out being retired (since June) but not at all ready for loafing around as much as I have been lately. I feel the bad habits creeping in!
    Thanks for this. Let's go!

Hope you love retirement as much as I do!!