Trans guys

Options
2»

Replies

• RhaegarWolf
    RhaegarWolf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Rhaegar, 29, afab genderqueer/genderfuck trans guy. I'm working to lose about 30lbs and then work on building muscle. I've been on T about 3.5 years, post top surgery 1.5 years. I gained a lot of weight in the years before I came out, mostly due to alcoholism partially fueled by dysphoria. Been working on moderation for 5 years and complete sobriety for over a year. Also long time recovery from an eating disorder as a teen, also fueled by dysphoria. Lots of negative things in my past all led back to dysphoria really. Now I'm at a happier healthier place and comfy in my body, and want to finally get back into good shape. Feel free to add me!
  • rmp0813
    rmp0813 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Howdy folks, 31 y/o trans guy. Started my transition in 2011, now post-phallo. I was a mess in my early 20's when I was trying to figure out what was "wrong with me"... I gained about 70 lbs in a year, depressed, hoping to just fade into the background. Then I was even more unhappy. I lost it quick, diet/excessive exercise/drug use, and I feel like I wrecked my body. I'm covered in scars anyway, so the stretch marks are just another badge of my journey... but I'll never be able to fix all of my saggy skin, and it has a big effect on my life. Hormones and surgeries have given me a body I never thought could be possible, but despite that, I'm still angry and unhappy with myself. My transition-related changes were the work of other people - now the rest is up to me. I want to lose more of the subcutaneous fat, gain muscle, and hopefully be left with a body underneath the sag that I can truly be happy with.

I had a different MFP account years ago and it was really motivating to have other folks in my news feed. It's nice to feel like there are other people in this with me. Friends welcome!