August Goals!

Options
kts1988
kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
Hi everyone!

I posted this in another "brides to be" group, but thought I would also post it here :)

How are you doing in terms of staying on track and reaching your goals? I have been doing fairly well, but really want to kick things into high gear this month. I go wedding dress shopping in 36 days (yikes!) and am not where I would like to be quite yet.

By August 31, I would like to weight 125 (I am 5'4") or fit back into a size 2. To accomplish that goal, here are some mini-goals I will focus on:

-Track everything I eat & all of my exercise
-Continue to follow a paleo diet
-Stick to 3 meals a day, no snacking
-Do a strength training session followed by 20 minute interval run 3x/week
-Take 2 rest days or active recovery days a week (you need to rest to build that muscle!)

I would love to hear how everyone else is doing and what your goals are!

Replies

• Shell30Harrison
    Shell30Harrison Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, that date struck a chord for me too - I also have my first appointments scheduled for in 36 days time!

I've been making slow steady progress, but didn't really start this early enough sadly! However, it would be great if I could lose another 8 lb or so by the deadline.... I think I'd feel more confident entering the bridal stores if I did.

Your plan of mini-goals sounds sensible, particularly as you sound like a petite lady. Good luck with it all !
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am really focusing on nutrition. I am eating 3 small meals and 2 small snacks. I sit at a desk all day and I get bored so I want to snack, so lately I have been reaching for apples, carrots, oranges, and steamed veggies. I want to lose 30lbs by my oct dr appt. I am really working on it. Well the last 4 days I have been. I am not following a diet per say but I am cutting out processed sugar, soda of any kind, I am drinking about a half to a full gallon of water a day. My blood sugar levels are slightly high and I am eating a diabetic diet. I am trying so hard to cut out white flour so bad. I only eat 100% whole wheat bread which I limit to 1x a day maybe 2x. I have to lose 60lbs by March 3rd for my first fitting for my dress. I do not want to pay the extra charges for the alterations lol.

My groom and I are doing it together. It is not just for the wedding but forever. We are excited about starting the next chapter together.
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love that you and your fiance are in this together! That must be really helpful in terms of support :)
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is. If I don't feel like going to the gym bc I am just being lazy. He just drives there anyways and I go. We work together so we ride together to work. I feel so much better and always end up thanking him for pushing me that much more.