Easy, Healthy Recipes

sdancer2017
sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
I'm too busy to go buy 20 ingredients for one recipe with tons of steps. How about some easy, healthy recipes? Whether it's a comfort food or your own concoction, if your taste buds love it, post it here & tell us why. It's so hard to search through endless recipes, buy all the ingredients & it's gross. Plus, as we embark on this lifelong healthy journey, we need some healthy comfort foods to get us through. Paste links or pics of the recipe if you don't want to type it out.

Replies

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yay!! I LOVE to cook and show off my meals <3o:) The other day I made fried cauliflower “chicken” with rice and beans. Super simple.

- 2 cups of all purpose flour
    - 1 head of cauliflower
    - Spices (use whatever you have on hand)
    - Half and half
    - Canola oil

- Get a decent size pot. Fill it a little past half way
    with oil and let it heat up.
    - Cut your cauliflower flour into decent size
    chunks
    - Put your flour and milk/cream in two separate
    bowls.
    - Dip the cauliflower into the half and half and dip
    into the flour. Make sure it’s fully coated. I usually
    - dip it into the milk and then the flour and then
    repeat the process one more time. It makes the
    cauliflower really crispy.
    - Now you’re are ready to deep fry. I like to fry the
    - cauliflower for a good 8 to 10 mins, because
    this ensures that cauliflower will be tender and
    the coating will be crispy.

The rice and beans is super easy to. I just boil two cups of water, add a cup of rice and let it simmer for 20 mins. Once it’s cooked I add a can of black beans, two packets of sazon seasoning (it gives the rice a great color and flavor) and a dollop of vegan butter (you can use regular butter or oil) put the lid back on and let it simmer for 5 mins. Super easy and delicious , relatively healthy and also CHEAP.

• bootyrubsandtacos
    6hd1tb8ld22i.jpeg
    fj9i3ft50wer.jpeg
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    kdjfsoqy4aen.jpeg

Creamy chicken soup I made last night. Super easy and cheap.

- 8 chicken tenders
    - Large can of cream of chicken soup
    - California medley frozen veggies
    - One onion, some minced garlic
    - Can of peas
    - Garlic salt

-Cut up your chicken tenders into bite size pieces. Add the onion and garlic to the pot with a little bit of olive oil.
    - Dump in the chicken, add some garlic salt and then let it cook on medium for about 10 mins.
    - Once the chicken is completely cooked dump in the frozen veggies and peas. Put back on the lid and let it cook for 5 more mins.
    - Then add the cream of chicken soup and some milk. I fill up the can a little more then half way. After that just stir and let it simmer for 10 min. Voila!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I really need to try these! Thank you!!
  • sdancer2017
    I love you guys!! This is great! Ummm I'm gonna go ahead & assume you won't want the pic of the nasty oat, egg, weird thing I made last week that wasn't done in the middle....
    But maybe I'll post some funny fails. Thank you! I like this! It's so frustrating to search for things sometimes.
    Happy cooking!
    I gotta eat some boring frozen fish to meet my macros....not gonna lie........I want to see if my body can handle my fav pizza for my bday next week. Is that bad? Like Im sabotaging things?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Pizza is always sabotage. Pizza is also a prerequisite for birthdays though. I would say go for it (I am a pizza enabler). You only have a birthday once a year

Happy birthday in advance!!
  • sdancer2017
    Hahahaha @Versicolour! Yeah, I will enjoy Feb, then get tested for food sensitivities & get back on track.

I'm looking forward to making my cauli grilled cheese in 2 days! That's progress! Have a great few days everyone!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited January 2018
    Made veggie lentil soup tonight with a mango crumble. Both are incredibly easy to make. For the soup you just need......

- One carton of veggie stock
    - Two cups of water
    - A large can of diced tomatoes
    - Half a bag of Goya dried lentils
    - One onion, minced garlic
    - A frozen cali veggie medley
    - A can of chick peas
    - Corn starch
    - Spices

Cut up a onion and dump it into a pot with a dollop of minced garlic. Let it sauté for a minute or two. Add your carton of veggie broth and two cups of water and bring it to a boil.

Dump in your lentils and let them boil for a min and then lower the heat and let them simmer for a 1/2 an hour. Once the lentils start getting soft you can add your diced tomatoes, chickpeas and spices. I used three chicken flavored bouillon cubes and lawry’s garlic salt. Let it simmer for 20 mins.

Now it’s time to add the Cali medley and cornstarch. I get a measuring cup and put in two big heaping tablespoons of cornstarch and I add some water and mix it until there’s no clumps. I slowly pour in the mixture while stirring. After that I Just put the lid back on to let the soup thicken up some more and then it’s ready to eat!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    qv8jukpnp0xm.jpeg
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited January 2018
    For the mango crumble you will need.......

- a bag of frozen mangoes (you could use fresh it doesn’t matter)
    - Flour
    - Oatmeal
    - Sugar
    - Butter
    - Vanilla
    - Shredded coconut

For the crumble combine 1 cup of dry oatmeal with 1/3 of a cup of flour, three tablespoons of melted butter, some honey, 1 tbsp of sugar. Set that aside.

For the mango combine 1 Tbsp of flour, 1 tbsp of vanilla and 1 tbsp of sugar. Mix until fully coated.

Add the mango mixture into a glass pan (I dunno what they’re called) and then spread the oatmeal, flour combo on top. Bake at 350 for 40 mins.

• bootyrubsandtacos
    f3akfdr36u4b.jpeg
    lo1yuo4o8z53.jpeg