The motivation thread...

Options
Mellykay88
Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
Hi guys! I thought I’d start a new topic. I love finding and ready new motivational material, from simple quotes, to inspirational stories. Here, I will post things I find and I hope you all will do the same!! 4bujfbnksvgg.jpeg

Replies

• CheezWhiz88
    CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This is something my mother said to me when I told her how slow I am walking on the treadmill...
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @CheezWhiz88 that is awesome!! And so true!
  • CheezWhiz88
    edited January 2018
    Options
    That turtle is adorable! The other one I love is what kicked my butt into gear to start this journey on Jan 15th. Last year on that date, I thought about how I needed to get healthy and read this quote. Sure enough, I remembered it last week and it rang true: I found every excuse in 2017 to not lose the weight, and a year later I regretted it. I don't want to have the same regret on Jan 15, 2019.
    46z19lpni31e.png

• Mellykay88
    Options
    Absolutely! On a forum post someone said “time is going to pass anyway”. That really resonated with me. I think those of us who have a long way to go get caught up in how long it’s going to take, but time is going to keep going whether we work towards our goals or not!
  • rabidhamster87
    rabidhamster87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    7ggutz60ibuk.jpg

This quote got me through 6 years of college (I may have changed major a few times!) and now I know it will help get me through this too!
  • cassie9393
    cassie9393 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @rabidhamster87 high five to 6 years! I also switched majors a couple of times, but hey, finished is finished!

My personal quote when I start feeling sorry for myself:

If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, stop accepting crap, and demand something more.

Christina Yang, Grey's Anatomy
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @cassie9393 Fellow GA lover here :smiley: love that quote!
  • cassie9393
    cassie9393 Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Mellykay88 seriously?! Ha yeah it's ridiculous and dramatic and totally fantastic!
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    sqza1pm00jtn.jpeg

I love this idea! Do any of you use any sort of visual to motivate and track?
  • CheezWhiz88
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Mellykay88: that's a really cool idea, although I'd need a much bigger jar!

8mark7tlngpo.jpg
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @CheezWhiz88 haha! I’d definitely need a bigger jar, too. :wink:
  • rabidhamster87
    rabidhamster87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @Mellykay88 & @CheezWhiz88 I wonder if I went over to Amazon and asked, "How many glass beads could I fit in this mason jar?" what kind of answers I would get... :D I love that idea though! I think I'm absolutely going to do it! It's much better than my idea of a paper chain!
  • CheezWhiz88
    Options
    I love the idea though; maybe I can try it with brightly colored paperclips!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Loving this thread. So many great quotes. I especially like the one about looking back from next year. That's incredibly true for me too.

To do the jars I'd need about 30 of those jars! Oops lol
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    cassie9393 wrote: »
    @rabidhamster87 high five to 6 years! I also switched majors a couple of times, but hey, finished is finished!

*laughs* I took 6 years to graduate without changing majors! I co-oped and I also refused to load myself down with a ton of lab classes each semester (I was an engineering major). didn't matter, though: I still got my degree!

Mellykay88 wrote: »
    sqza1pm00jtn.jpeg

I love this idea! Do any of you use any sort of visual to motivate and track?

that's a neat idea! I might poke around Hobby Lobby and see what I can find to fill jars with :)
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers briefly (HATED it btw) but the one thing I took from it was to create a chain of paperclips, one for each pound lost. Last time I lost weight i hung it in my cubicle at work and it was a great reminder of how far I had gone.
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @evilfairies that’s a great idea! And no one would really know what it was unless you told them... I’m bored at work now so I may do it :smiley:
  • GothicsDarkAngel
    GothicsDarkAngel Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I actually took painters tape, and put each pound on a piece. Put the pieces of tape ALL on the front of my freezer door. So each time I weigh in, and lose, I remove those pieces of tape. So, its always where I can see it, and if you are going into the fridge, you see your current weight (and all the pieces that are left), to deter you from making a bad choice.