Keto anyone?

Options
briteyes
briteyes Posts: 435 Member
Just curious if anyone else here does a keto diet? I have had amazing success with it. If I find myself hitting a wall during sparring sessions, I will mix my protein powder into coffee as a preworkout... that does the trick!

Replies

• shanebrown338
    shanebrown338 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Mid December and have lost 16 lbs, feel better and my LDL Cholesterol dropped from 157 to 109.. Cant wait to see the long term results, I have finally found the plan that works for me!
  • Lcmcks
    Lcmcks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started on this 2 weeks ago. I've lost 8 lbs but more important...I feel SO good. I'm 61 years old and was eating my way to a very early grave. Had a very bloated stomach, heartburn constantly, no energy, and just felt lousy. I was a total carboholic and not one sugar, piece of bread, potato, or pasta has hit my mouth since I started. Amazing part...I don't crave ANY of it. :)
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've eaten this way on and off for ten years (unfortunately more off than on). When I'm in ketosis I weigh up to 30lbs less than I do on a standard diet, and I feel better for it because most carby foods bloat me disgustingly. But I do love bread and pasta so I always end up drifting away. Right now I am trying to get me eating back in order, apart from odd nights out with work (where I can try to eat right but it depends what's on offer) I have stuck with it since New Year, I've lost the first 10lbs, I'm aiming for a slow and steady loss for the rest of the year now. Usually I have 2 weeks of craving carbs and sweet things, then the switch in my head flicks on and I don't even care that my kids are eating pizza ;)