Where do you all work out?

Options
MonkeyMel21
MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
I recently canceled my YMCA membership to save money. It’s been 10 years since I haven’t had a gym membership. I got gifted a treadmill from my mother in law and then bought a few more things used from FB marketplace. So far I am absolutely loving my home gym. I’ve been using fitnessblender for my strength training and watching Voyager on my son’s kindle fire while on the treadmill, lol. Here is my set up!

drqdxbdmxw3h.jpeg

Where do you all work out, and what do you do?

Replies

• txkimmers
    txkimmers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My company has a pretty great little gym and even offers fitness classes as a benefit, so 2x a week I workout there. Then I either run in my neighborhood and/or go to my local Planet F. I wouldn’t mind joining a gym with a better variety of equipment but I am also super cheap about gym fees since I already have an outlet at work!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    txkimmers wrote: »
    My company has a pretty great little gym and even offers fitness classes as a benefit, so 2x a week I workout there. Then I either run in my neighborhood and/or go to my local Planet F. I wouldn’t mind joining a gym with a better variety of equipment but I am also super cheap about gym fees since I already have an outlet at work!

Nice!! I work in healthcare so usually there's always been a gym at whatever hospital I work at. The last one I worked at didn't have a gym but offered a 50% discount to the YMCA! There's several through out the city that I could utilize and a small one directly across from the hospital that I mainly used in the mornings before work. Some policies recently changed though, and I was given the treadmill to use at home so I just thought I'd give working out at home a go for the first time since college. So far it is going great and my husband insists that he will use it too, lol. He has once so far, at least it's there for him if he decides he's ready. I also run outside sometimes, usually only when the weather is nice, but I mostly work out at 5 am and am not willing to run outside in the dark.
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I run and walk outside in pretty much all conditions, and go to a fairly pricey gym that is "On a mission to help women do amazing things." I decided to spend this money because buying cheap memberships to gyms was not resulting in my actually going, nor in my being productive when I did go. It wasn't until I started investing serious money that I got serious about exercise other than running. I also schedule my trainings in advance, so if I don't go, I lose that class, which would be a waste of money.
  • sygirl101
    sygirl101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    University gym, work fitness room, dance room, and rarely, at home.