Pants that don't fall down

Options
fitoverfortymom
fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
I wonder if I've gone down a size or something, because all the sudden all my running pants are sliding down my backside. Most of my pants are size L. I picked up a cute pair of Nike capris at a consignment shop in an M, but those were slipping on the treadmill last week (I spent most of the run holding them up with one hand to avoid getting super intimate with whoever walked past the hotel gym).

Is there some secret to running pants that I don't know about? I feel like I'm constantly hiking everything up. The answer is probably "weight train for a bigger booty to hold 'dem pants up," but that's a long term kind of goal.

Replies

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    If they don't have a drawstring waist, then I don't buy 'em. The last thing people want to see during a race is my builder's bum. (Though it might given them an incentive to get past me as fast as possible.)
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I don't have this problem, but my running pants are all pretty tight and I don't care who's looking! Are the pants constructed in a way that you could thread a drawstring through them? You might need to cut a small hole on the inside of the waistband, and put a big safety pin on the end of the drawstring/shoelace/elastic band to feed it through.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    A bigger booty does NOT help, because then they will be loose in the waist. I second drawstring pants!
    Either my waist is too small or my thighs/his/*kitten* are too large B) , but running pants without drawstring are hopeless.

Drawstrings and pockets.
    Half of my shorts are mens shorts, because I want shorts that a) cover the point midway up my thighs were they would be chafing otherwise and b) have POCKETS. (Do running clothes designers think women don't carry keys / gels/ tissues/ gloves/ whatever when running? I can't be the only one who wants pants with pockets, dammit! Sorry, can't wite about running pants without ranting about this ^^ )

ETA: if you want to salvage your existing pants and they dont have the right shape to add a drawstring, maybe you could try sewing an elastic band inside the waist. If done that in the past for jeans when I got tired of wearing belts.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ I don't know how it is in Europe, but in the United States it's all clothing designers, not just running clothes designers, that think women don't need or want pockets.

In the running clothing designer rant theme, what's with vertical slits to the pockets on men's shorts? You unzip it, and everything comes out. Give me a horizontal opening that lets gravity help me keep in what I don't want falling out!

THBS, I have a lot of pairs of running tights that don't have pockets. In the winter, I just have to use a hydration belt with pouch or a SPIbelt for pretty much every run.
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I agree with the pockets, I have one pair of shorts with a tiny pocket n no zipper which does NOTHING... Like come on, how am I supposed to fit anything into a 3" wide pocket and not have it look like there's some sort of growth on my leg.

I also have the same problem with tights falling down, I end up using a pair of UA compression like shorts over top of the tights, keeps them in place
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I've focused on tights with pockets that can hold my phone because I hate the "fanny pack." It's also easier to access my pepper spray, should the need arise, with pants with pockets. The pocket pants I have, though, don't have a drawstring. My drawstring tights don't have pockets, so... The quest for the perfect tights begins, I guess.