Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I got a PM from her last night! :laugh:
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    She's back... got yet another PM from her last night. We went back and forth for a while. She's tenacious. Won't. Let. It. Go. Jeez. She needs a life.
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    Not sure if it was joining this group or commenting here, but I just got another message from her. The exact same one she sent to me 6 days ago... wow.

Can't they block her from this group, since she's obviously targeting people in this group??
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I think if she contacts me again (which I doubt she will because I dog-cussed her last time she did) I'm going to use reverse psychology and tell her she's right and that I'm quitting CF immediately.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Lol I just got a PM from her as well . . . The first one I've gotten from her since joining Crossfit Love. I guess that means I'm officially part of the Crossfit Awesome club! ;)
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    I think if she contacts me again (which I doubt she will because I dog-cussed her last time she did) I'm going to use reverse psychology and tell her she's right and that I'm quitting CF immediately.

Ha! I tried to finish with "I'm glad you enjoy your fitness routine and I enjoy mine as well!"

She came back with some crap about how I won't enjoy it if I get hurt.

My favorite part of her message to me was this:

"The boot camp I go to doesn't make people climb rope like Crossfit does -- so I don't have to worry about getting rope burns!"

to which I replied: " I sincerely hope you never get in a dangerous real life situation where you might have to get rope burn to save yourself. That would be awful."

Her retort: "Very few people in our society need to actually know how to climb a rope for survival."

She really comes off as a complete loser. I hate to say such ugly things about someone, but really. She takes absolutely no risks in my life ever and she badgers people incessantly about their fitness routine that she doesn't want to do???!!! Runners get hurt all the time, but I would never dream of badgering every runner on the interwebs (or in real life) about the dangers of distance running!
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    She's at it again. I'm not even sure how she found me this time as I thought she was blocked from this group and when I post about Xfit it's always on my profile which is private to my friends only. Anyways, this was my response...curious to see if she writes back.

"I would appreciate it if you would stop contacting me about this. It has been several times that you have sent me a message now trying to convince me to stop crossfitting. I am perfectly capable of making my own informed and educated decisions about my body, exercises and lifestyle. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by trying to discourage anyone who posts about Xfit to stop what they are doing. For the most part, people who do crossfit are very diligent about their form and their fitness progression and take all possible measures to ensure they are not harming their bodies. If I were you I would stop wasting my time because people are going to do what they WANT to do, regardless of you're efforts to stop them.

Regards,

Melanie."
  • mrs_mab
    Options
    I mean seriously, does she have nothing better to do with her time.....like say.....work-out! :laugh: damn troll!

Here is my response to her:

"While I appreciate your deep rooted concern for my well being, a complete stranger, I'd like to kindly ask you to GFY! I have been a multi-sport athlete most of my life and I am completely capable of reading my body and making my own fitness decisions when it comes to CF, or anything else for than matter. Have a nice day, and again, GFY!

Signed, mrs_mab"

no response for4m her yet....:laugh:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I just got another one... and reporting her again
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I mean seriously, does she have nothing better to do with her time.....like say.....work-out! :laugh: damn troll!

Here is my response to her:

"While I appreciate your deep rooted concern for my well being, a complete stranger, I'd like to kindly ask you to GFY! I have been a multi-sport athlete most of my life and I am completely capable of reading my body and making my own fitness decisions when it comes to CF, or anything else for than matter. Have a nice day, and again, GFY!

Signed, mrs_mab"

no response for4m her yet....:laugh:

I don't think I was so polite.

I think the terms "loser" and "The Queen of Free Time" were involved in my response. Because she must be the queen if she has time to stalk every Crossfit post made in the MFP forums.
  • mrs_mab
    Options
    I was trying my hardest to be nicest smart@ss I could! :laugh: If you know whay GFY stands for......it's not so nice :bigsmile:
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    I was trying my hardest to be nicest smart@ss I could! :laugh: If you know whay GFY stands for......it's not so nice :bigsmile:

Great Friend Yo? Go Frolic Yonder?
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    She's at it again. I'm not even sure how she found me this time as I thought she was blocked from this group and when I post about Xfit it's always on my profile which is private to my friends only. Anyways, this was my response...curious to see if she writes back.

"I would appreciate it if you would stop contacting me about this. It has been several times that you have sent me a message now trying to convince me to stop crossfitting. I am perfectly capable of making my own informed and educated decisions about my body, exercises and lifestyle. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by trying to discourage anyone who posts about Xfit to stop what they are doing. For the most part, people who do crossfit are very diligent about their form and their fitness progression and take all possible measures to ensure they are not harming their bodies. If I were you I would stop wasting my time because people are going to do what they WANT to do, regardless of you're efforts to stop them.

Regards,

Melanie."

Her response:

"Actually, it has not been a waste of time to encourage people to stay away from Crossfit.

If I can get the information to people before they become addicted, they actually DO take time to read it and sometimes DO make an informed decision not to get involved with Crossfit -- especially when there are so many safer alternatives to getting fit.

Not everyone that's interested in fitness wants to look like a muscle woman! "

Anyways, I am just going to ignore her messages from now on. I can't be bothered.....
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

Anyways, I am just going to ignore her messages from now on. I can't be bothered.....

Yep, please don't feed the trolls. :smokin:
  • mrs_mab
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, and not everyone wants to be a stringy little weakling either!

And boy, I would just HATE to look like this......:laugh: Love me some Christmas:heart:
    Christmas-7.jpg

or Jackie Perez.....I could go on & on....
    581363_366611560079758_391736858_n.jpg
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I live near hippy capital of the East Coast (Cambridge MA) and I bet I could draw a picture of her pretty accurately. Older, thin as a rail, no muscle tone, wearing long flowey dresses and thinking she is saving the world from her laptop.
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    I live near hippy capital of the East Coast (Cambridge MA) and I bet I could draw a picture of her pretty accurately. Older, thin as a rail, no muscle tone, wearing long flowey dresses and thinking she is saving the world from her laptop.

In her words:

"BTW, I am not overweight and exercise to stay fit and not start gaining mid-life, as many women in my family have."

so, basically yeah.
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, and not everyone wants to be a stringy little weakling either!

And boy, I would just HATE to look like this......:laugh: Love me some Christmas:heart:

or Jackie Perez.....I could go on & on....

Christmas Abbott.... :happy: :love:
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    If I can get the information to people before they become addicted

WTH?! LOL! It's not crack cocaine.
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    Options
    I don't feel loved, I've never had a message spanking me about crossfit OR paleo!

My wife and I both do Crossfit and eat Paleo. This totally gave me an idea for what to do Saturday evening. Thanks!