Feb Daily, again and again! (And again and again...)

Options
124»

Replies

• hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ugh -late leaving work which meant lunch was too long ago.
    Intended to run and then the “conditioning” workout.
    Instead was underfueled and short on time for even part two, and part two was not at a pace to call it conditioning.
    5x20 kB swings @ 35
    5 x down and back yoke pushes -yoke plus 90
    Yeah that’s it.
  • TheHobbit2017
    TheHobbit2017 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yesterday’s workout -

Squats:
    20kgx10 warm up,
    40kgx10, 55kg x 8,8,9,11 (took last one to the limit relying on cage bars to catch the 12th rep I couldn’t make).

Bench press:
    20kg x 10 warm up,
    35kg x 7,8,7

Incline bench press (dumbbells):
    10kg x 12,12,12 - easy so up to 12kg next time

Dumbbell pull over:
    12kg bowflex dumbell x 12,12,8

HITT:
    Run/walk intervals on tredmill. Times to note-
    1km = 8.29 mins,
    1.5km = 13.26 mins,
    Rest was cool down :)

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    In a better mood today. I do apologize for that debbie downer of a post. It's been rough.

Got to the gym late again. It's been hard getting up in the morning cuz I don't get enough sleep/rest. I look like a raccoon today o.o

So I did my strength work:

Bench Press 95x10, 95x10, 100x9 (from 100x8 top set last week)

Pendlay Row 85x10, 90x10, 95x10, 100x10 (from an amrap set of 95x10 about 2 weeks ago I tink?)

The higher reps mean I can see some progress rather fast, and that's good on the morale.

Oh, and I added box jumps in between sets of rows. 20' high. First time in MONTHS. Wasn't super pretty. Started with 2, then 4, and finished with 2 sets of 6. The fatigue setting in made them harder to hit. I just hope they don't come up in 18.2 just yet. I could use some barbell work. Bit more time to iron out the burpees and box jumps!

And since I didn't have time to hit up my 35x3 conditionning sesh again, but I did do a death by sled pushes

EMOTM until can't complete: sled sprint 10m to and from, add weight every round.
    25/50/65/75/85/95/105/115/125 -- was about halfway back at the end of the minute. Obviously had to push it all the way back anyway xD Legs were just done (just about everything was, lol)

I like those set-ups, and you can do 'em too! Set an every minute on the minute clock (go for 12-15min at least), pick a full body move that gets your heart pumping. Sled sprints, burpees, sumo deadlift high pulls, KB swings, etc. Pick a weight and reps that can be completed in about 20-25s. Do 'em all out at the start of the minute, rest remaining time. Add a rep or 2, or weight, every round, see how far you can get! =D
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,826 Member
    Options
    @krokador you have nothing to apologize for, those are rough times and we're here for you!
    And...great workout!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Today

RDL - 3x5 @ 90 pounds
    OHP - 8/8/5 @ 40 pounds - failed on last set
    Lat pulldown - 3x8 @ 75 pounds
    Lunges - Bodyweight - 3x18
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Tiptoeing in.

I'm a total newb. I started Nia Shanks' Lift Like a Girl 2x/week program 2 months ago. I also do 2 days of MAF low intensity cardio (elliptical) and random hiking on the weekends.

I have been toying with switching to SL next week. I am only able to lift twice a week due to gym access only being Mon-Thurs. I am also looking to lose 80-90 pounds.

My stats:

Workout A - 3 sets
    1-Squat - 30 lb
    2a-Push up - incline
    2b-Inverted rows - whatever the incline version of these are
    3-Back extensions - in machine, 115 lbs

Workout B - 3 sets
    1-RDL - 80 pounds, will be 90 tomorrow. I do RDL vs regular due to barbell style and my lack of knowledge loading a real bar.
    2a-Overhead press - 40/30/30
    2b-Lat pulldown - 70
    c-Lunges - Bodyweight only at this point. I hate them, but do them.

Any comments, suggestions or criticism are welcome.

Welcome dear! I would say totally go for SL even if you can manage only two days in a week. I am doing the same most of the weeks and many times have gone off track still it's working for me. I am a forever newbie! ;) Have lost 12 kg/ 24 lbs approximately in one year, very slowly but people assume I have lost more. Lifting does tighten your body and makes you stronger.