Apologies to anyone I’ve woo'd

Options
I hadn’t realised this was supposed to be a negative thing, apparently something along the lines of you’re talking rubbish and I disagree! I thought it meant woo hoo!

Sorry folks, hope I haven’t upset anyone!

Replies

• Keeblerelfkin
    Keeblerelfkin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    well I am glad you said something, I thought it was woo hoo as well, omg now I feel foolish :/
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    LOL so
    funny I thought same
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I thought woo was a good thing! Wtf man?? Apparently I need to apologize to a lot of people...
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    apparently from the discussion I saw on the "woo" button, there was a lot of confusion over it because it can mean both things - woo as in woo hoo! and woo as in rubbish. And it didn't help that MFP, when they introduced it, purposely kept it vague.

so don't feel bad - you weren't alone in your thinking! :grin:

there's thread around here someone about it - that might help in figuring out what the purpose is these days!
  • CheezWhiz88
    CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I never really understood why “woo” was an option, and from a weight loss motivational board, I would have assumed all options were postive (for obvious reasons).
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the woo button has been pretty heavily debated in the forums. I wish they’d take it away and give us the awesome button again.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    yep; I don't really see the necessity of providing more amo to the trolls!
  • lmcclatchie
    lmcclatchie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh craps! I was using Woo as WOO HOO too!
  • gin_rummy
    gin_rummy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yup another woohoo-er here! I guess some people are reading it as whoa! instead?
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    apparently from the discussion I saw on the "woo" button, there was a lot of confusion over it because it can mean both things - woo as in woo hoo! and woo as in rubbish. And it didn't help that MFP, when they introduced it, purposely kept it vague.

so don't feel bad - you weren't alone in your thinking! :grin:

there's thread around here someone about it - that might help in figuring out what the purpose is these days!

That’s exactly where I saw it, on the Feedback forum! Made me think I’d best say something before I upset anyone!

What a weird thing to do!
  • rabidhamster87
    rabidhamster87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I had no idea either! Thanks for the PSA. haha I guess we were all using it wrong.
  • alevans4
    alevans4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like the woo, as a woohoo! I don't even know how you get to "bad" from "woo".
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    alevans4 wrote: »
    I like the woo, as a woohoo! I don't even know how you get to "bad" from "woo".

My understanding is that woo is shorthand for woowoo (pseudoscience). I think they wanted a way to quickly show that something was crap without being a downvote. But they put the worst icon with it because it's basically eyerolling.

In any case, can we just use it at woo hoo! There is a lot more to be happy about than to downvote around here!