Three verses that are relevant to your life at this moment.

Options
People are interested in this group. Having a "leader" or not should not keep us from helping each other. So, I thought I would start a discussion with this.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. USE the brain God gave us! Think past our fears and worries.

Proverbs 22:7 b ...the borrower is seervant to the lendeer. I have failed with this. Money, bills... they shouldn't controll our lives like they do. I MUST be a better steward of what God has given us. It's not easy, especially to get my whole family on board with it.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. BREATH. God has my life in hids hands. I have faith. I will welcome His peace. I just need to learn how to not try and be in charge.

Any thoughts to these? What about your verses?

Replies

• waistedtime
    waistedtime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Isaiah 41:10: "'fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.'"
    We don't have to be afraid because God is with us, no matter what we're going through. He will never abandon us. He will strengthen us physically, spiritually, and mentally/emotionally. He will never abandon us.

Joshua 1:9:
    "'Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.'”

Proverbs 29:11:
    "A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back."

Proverbs 15:1:
    "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

1 John 4:19
    "We love because He first loved us."
  • waistedtime
    waistedtime Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    People are interested in this group. Having a "leader" or not should not keep us from helping each other. So, I thought I would start a discussion with this.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. USE the brain God gave us! Think past our fears and worries.

Proverbs 22:7 b ...the borrower is seervant to the lendeer. I have failed with this. Money, bills... they shouldn't controll our lives like they do. I MUST be a better steward of what God has given us. It's not easy, especially to get my whole family on board with it.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. BREATH. God has my life in hids hands. I have faith. I will welcome His peace. I just need to learn how to not try and be in charge.

Any thoughts to these? What about your verses?

Thank you for posting John 14:27 and giving insight. I have anxiety and often worry that terrible things are going to happen. My worrying holds me back in life. I miss out on a lot of experiences and opportunities because of fear. I have to learn to trust God and stop trying to be in charge all the time. I create so much unnecessary stress and worry for myself when I try to control everything and don't trust God to work everything out. God has always provided for me and I know He will never abandon me, so I really have no reason to worry. I just have to trust Him. Thank you for posting!

2 Timothy 1:7 goes along with that, too. I need to stop worrying and just trust Him. I need to discipline my mind to stop thinking about worst-case scenarios and have faith and trust that God's will (no matter what that may be) is the best possible outcome for me. Scary or difficult situations may even be the best thing for us because they can help shape us into who God wants us to be. What God wants to accomplish in and through us may not be possible any other way. Instead of being anxious about bad things happening, I can look at them as learning experiences and trust that God is trying to teach me something important when something bad happens. Romans 8:28 says that in all things, God works everything out for the best for those who love Him.

Proverbs 22:7b is also relevant to me because I, too, need to learn to be a better steward of what God has blessed me with. I waste a lot of money on things I don't really need instead of using what I have been given to help others. I also need to be more responsible with money because I really do waste a lot on things I don't need instead of saving it or trying to pay off my debts sooner.

Thank you for sharing these verses!
  • crystalfporter
    crystalfporter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see responses! I was worried that people had stopped checking this group.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,431 Member
    Options
    In my ladies group-this week we are studying John 12:25-Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
    Of course you have to read it in the context it was written in with Jesus comparing his life to a seed & how it has to die so it can produce many seeds. The same for us, if we love the Lord & want to follow Him & grow in faith we can't get so tangled up & influenced by our culture that we blend in & "love" our life in this world above everything else
  • crystalfporter
    crystalfporter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Evamutt. "Christ before me, the world behind me." Right? We are supposed to live for Him. It's not always easy
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,431 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my ladies life group. I started going to a new church in Dec, so this group is from there. so good to meet some new ladies & new study.Today,& every thursday we have one of our grand dtrs here, so busy day today I'm still getting over pneumonia. Dr said if I feel up to it I can start exercising slowly so I may go to the gym after my grnd dtr leaves.