C25K

Options
amgreenwell
amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
Week one of C25K is complete! It has taken me almost 8 months before I felt like I was getting enough sleep to work out again. I've got a 7 month old and a 22 month old.

I'm feeling amazing this week!!

Replies

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Let us know how you get on! Are you doing an 8week or ten week programme?
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    8 week program. I'm on week 3.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep it up!
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I did the C25K for the first time after having my baby and I was very successful! My little one is almost 2 now and I was/am having problems with urinary incontinence. It was keeping me from working out and was a major emotional roadblock. I finally said "screw it", put in a panty liner and went for it! I was on a 9 week program and started in December 2017. I've since completed it and now run 3 miles 2-3x per week as part of my new workout routine. I'm 7 pounds away from prebaby weight.
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    @hubn8147 way to go!! I love hearing inspiring stories like that! I finished my 8 week program today and I'll repeat this last week one more time before my 5k race on the 14th of April. I'm about 5 lbs away from pre-baby weight and about 15 away from pre-wedding weight. I'm just happy to be running and feeling good. :)
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @amgreenwell How did your 5K race go? Super impressed with your weight loss. I gained 43 pounds with my pregnancy and I have 2 lbs left to lose!
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    @hubn8147 My race went well. It was hard but I never walked and I felt great afterwards. I'm still running 3 miles every other day and trying to keep up my weight loss. Congrats on your success as well! This baby making business can be rough on our bodies...plus I'm almost 42 so my body doesn't recover as well as it did in decades past :)
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oh man I used to run like 3 times and lose the weight, now it takes more of a concerted effort (35)