Mini Goal Challenge - Week of February 19th to 25th

Options

In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

Goals week of 02/19/18:
    1) WW blue dot day – 0/5
    2) 6 hrs of sleep – 0/3
    3) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/3(de-clutter)

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    npv2q2e398r7.jpg
  • cjsacto
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Goals this week:
    1) Physical Activity 3x
    2) 3 servings of veggies
    3) At least 60g protein
    4) 2L water
    5) No added sugar
    6) Eat under 1500 calories
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements

I had the vitamin thing locked in but the last few weeks I've slacked off.

@IsMollyReallyHungry You had a good week for blue dot days last week. I hope your dad is still improving.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Daily:
    1. Eat only what has already been logged into MFP.
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for the day. Today: Panera or Soup Plus
    3. Steps goal: 5-6k during school day, continue at gym on treadmill on available days to 11k. Run 5 min @ 6.0.
    4. 2 sets body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane each leg, 15 side leg lifts).
    5. Gym after school 2x/week, plus Saturday and Sunday. Flexibility and house-pacing on non-gym days.
    6. Before dinner, take meds, prep next day’s breakfast and lunch. Daily Duolingo.
    7. Check in, teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 9:45 on school nights, 10:30 on holidays/weekends.

Non-daily:
    1. With husband, brainstorm meal ideas for next week on Friday. Double-check Plated meals and make changes if needed. Check ingredients and enter recipes if needed.
    2. Strength class Monday, Tuesday, Thursday. Kickboxing Monday. Zumba and yoga on Saturday. Ask on facebook to be sure Zumba is scheduled; check on Meetup for yoga.
    3. Week 7-8 lesson plans revised & finished by Tuesday.
    4. Plan next visit with B. Check in with parents. Check in with siblings.
    5. Audition Tuesday after strength class. Possible conflicts with upcoming shows/auditions.
    6. Wednesday meetings.
    7. Call dentist (eek!) and make appointment. Bring books from car into school. Take crate back to house.

@goldthistime - I very much appreciate the life I have! One of my most common problems is that there are so many things that I would LIKE to do because I enjoy them and they're interesting... and there just aren't enough hours in the day to do all of them! And that's a fabulous problem to have :D

@cjsacto - I've dropped wall sits because when I sit with the correct form, my feet always slip! I do the bodyweight exercises when I can't get to the gym, and both our house and my school have floors that are kind of slidey. So I've put lunges in as a replacement.

Also I'm STILL waiting to get to the "I don't want that" phase. I mean, I do feel that way sometimes. But usually the feeling comes up in regards to exercise... not food. ;)

I've got enough else going on today that I need to get going on my unit plans, or they won't get finished on time. TTFN friends!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Thank you for setting this up once again. I'm ALWAYS grateful, but especially now when I know there are other things so prevalent in your mind. Hope you are will let us know how things are going when you are up to it.
    @clicketykeys What a lovely positive message. Hope you have a great week.
    @cjsacto I hear you. My guess is that you are specifically speaking of sweet treats, and that's an ongoing endeavour for me too. I waffle on it all. I hear MFP's "conventional wisdom" of building in treats in small amounts so that you don't lose it and binge (which I have had too much experience with) but I definitely find it easier to have none, and lose the habit and the desire. No easy answers.

I got a BIA scale yesterday, with somewhat disappointing results. This is one of the "full body" ones where you hold something in your hands as well as have the current flowing through your feet, and it's supposed to be reasonably accurate. It told me that I had a 33% BF measurement, which is at the top end of normal, teetering on high. My weight on the other hand is 135lbs, which is at the middle of normal for my height. I've been pretty proud of myself for losing 35lbs. I guess my waist measurement should have warned me that I had more work to do but I was still surprised at the results. I haven't really formulated a plan yet, maybe my goals next week will reflect that. Right now I'm sticking with the ones I'd already chosen for this week:

1. No snacking
    2. 10k steps/day
    3. Eat with others
    4. Cook from a recipe 1x/week
    5. 10hrs of housework/week

I'd consider the above goals "fine tuning". The below goals I consider most important but also pretty much habits. It seems though that whenever I drop them from my list, I start to slack off, so here they are once again.

6. Exercise 6 days a week
    7. Eat adequate protein daily
    8. Eat 5 servings of fruits/veggies per day
    9. Eat fish 1x/week
    10. Floss daily
  • cjsacto
    edited February 2018
    Options
    As of Monday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 1/7
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 0/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 1/7
    4) 2L water --- 1/7
    5) No added sugar --- 1/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 1/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 1/7

I went to three exercise classes today, got to make the most of my day off and it wasn't nice enough to do anything outside. TRX in the morning, a relaxing restorative yoga in the late afternoon, then a more challenging Vinyasa yoga after that. Let me just say, I am super bad at all of them. The instructors have to come around and correct what I'm doing kind of a lot and I'm realizing again how much I'm lacking in strength. Can only go up from here, though. I feel pretty good.

@goldthistime The graphic is mostly wishful thinking, just motivation. Yes, sugar is a big one for me and I also find it better to give it up than try to allow little amounts. I also tend to overeat on cheesy things and bread, I have to watch those.

I've heard those scales can give very different results based on hydration but it sounds like you got one that's better than average. I'm interested to hear whether it gives you consistent results. I actually bought calipers, then after I got them I read reviews that the specific one I ordered tends to be 5% off. (Makes you think your bf% is lower than it really is.) I need to build some muscle to improve my %, which I think is about 31% (using military bf calculation) but I don't really know. I still have weight to lose, too. Congrats on getting to 135! That's a great accomplishment.

@clicketykeys You really seem to have a handle on fitting in the things you want to do. I'm still impressed by your bodyweight exercises, I've never been able to do a proper pushup, which was glaringly evident in today's TRX class.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 02/19/18:
    1) WW blue dot day – 0/5
    2) 6 hrs of sleep – 0/3
    3) 10+ min housework - 0/3 (de-clutter)

Mon: no no no
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 02/19/18:
    1) WW blue dot day – 1/5
    2) 6 hrs of sleep – 0/3

Tue: yes no no
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• clicketykeys
    Options
    @cjsacto - Meh, not so much. It's about prioritizing, and learning to let go. Probably not going to start a garden this year, either. Between starting classes for my masters degree and the shows I want to do, I doubt I'll be able to do much more than that.

The push-ups are "lifted" push-ups. I can do floor push-ups but without full range of motion. If I do a press on a countertop, I can get my chest all the way down to even with my hands before going back up. 10 is about my usual max. On a really good day, I can do 12; if I'm already tired I sometimes max out at 8. I'm hoping to get to the point that I can do full push-ups all the way down on the floor.

@goldthistime - Thanks! I do try to stay positive. Not always easy, as I'm sure you know! ;) Hope your week is good too!

@IsMollyReallyHungry - Keep at it! Seeing some progress there :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I see some awesome goals and progress. Keep up the good work. :smile:
    My Dad is hanging in there. He still has infection and can not walk or feed himself. But he is getting there. He has to go to a rehab facility (fancy name for nursing home :() soon. I hope he does not have to stay there long. It all depends on how fast he bounces back.

Thanks for shouts out and encouragement. I am trying to fight urges to eat comfort foods as I would have done years ago.

Goals week of 02/19/18:
    1) WW blue dot day – 2/5
    2) 6 hrs of sleep – 1/3

Wed: yes yes no
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Got my Dad settled in the rehab facility (fancy name for nursing home) tonight. Praying he has the will to rebound.

Have a great weekend Everyone! :)B)B)

Goals week of 02/19/18:
    1) WW blue dot day – 3/5
    2) 6 hrs of sleep – 2/3

Wed: yes yes no
    Thu: yes yes no
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• cjsacto
    edited February 2018
    Options
    As of Friday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 3/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- :# /7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 4/7
    4) 2L water --- 2/7
    5) No added sugar --- 3/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 2/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 4/7

I am eating some veggies, just not the full three servings (100g for most). I don't think I can count avocados or potatoes.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

@IsMollyReallyHungry Nice to hear your dad is one step further in getting better, though it sounds like he has some healing still. Will he have/need physical therapy?

@clicketykeys I've been practicing perfect form on wall pushups to work my way up. Also I've been working on chaturanga in yoga (have to do modified), which uses similar muscles.
  • clicketykeys
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @cjsacto - ahaha, I had to look that up! Yeah, that looks like it would work the triceps really well. Once I got to about 12 wall push-ups I went down to the counter, but I could only do a few there. It was a big drop!

@IsMollyReallyHungry - Hope things go well for your dad. *hugs!*

Oh! Edit to add - I can run TEN minutes on the treadmill without dropping to a walk! Not every day, mind you, but I was still going strong at 5 on ... Tuesday, I think, and since I had it at 6 m/h I would get to a mile in 10 minutes, so I decided to see if I could make it. And I did! So that was pretty awesome. First time I've done that in I don't know how many years!
  • cjsacto
    edited February 2018
    Options
    As of Sunday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 3/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 2/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 5/7
    4) 2L water --- 3/7
    5) No added sugar --- 3/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 4/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 6/7

A few months ago I was sticking to an average of about 1350 calories and that would be great if I could get back to it, but I don't seem to have the will. I averaged a little under 1600 this week, which should still be a deficit with exercising, but my weight is just going up and down the same two pounds. In fact, I was up today.

@clicketykeys Awesome on the running!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry I can understand your worry, things still sound serious with your dad. Good for you for staying away from comfort foods. BUT if you find yourself caving at some point I hope you'll be forgiving of yourself. These big stressful times thankfully don't happen often to most of us, it won't change that you're on a path to healthy overall. Big hugs.

@clicketykeys Congrats on running, and at a great pace too! I'm jealous! I miss running.

@cjsacto 1600 sounds like a great goal for where you are. I seem to think you're taller than me and you're definitely younger and that's going to be my goal next week.

Both: I can't do a push-up either. I used to be able to do 20, no problem, but not for years now. I'm using a bench too (and slowly elevating my feet so I get more horizontal). Not sure if I'll ever get back to doing them fully horizontally--I can't even do 1.

I didn't stick to my goals particularly well but I stuck to the important 5 that I'm considering to be habits, so not such a bad week.

1. No snacking 4/7
    2. 10k steps/day 4/7
    3. Eat with others 6/7
    4. Cook from a recipe 1x/week 0/7
    5. 10hrs of housework/week 10/10
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 02/19/18:
    1) WW blue dot day – 4/5
    2) 6 hrs of sleep – 2/3