Hi all just found this group.

tschram12
tschram12 Posts: 28 Member
I have been researching about this disease the disease process for awhile now. There is a lot of misinformation about this disease and the disease process, even by doctors. I am still learning and wanted to find a group with similiar issues Fatty liver is a big deal and most doctors dont seem to be to concerned. But fatty liver can lead to Nash which can lead to Cirrhosis. There are many different causes. Genetics, diet, autoimmune diseases just to name a few. Finding the root cause is very important. The good news is the liver regenerates if there is scarring you can not change that but from what I have researched you can prevent it from progressing in some. If you are in the begining stages of fatty liver finding the cause and treating it is the best way to keep it from progressing in most cases. I am in no way an expert, I am learning day by day. I am bond and determined that with diet and exersise I will halt this disease.

This is a little about me. I am 38 years old mother of 3. I was dx 1 year ago with stage 2 nash. There are 4 stages of nash before it becomes cirrhosis.I did not do any research really as my dr. did not seem to concerned and was bound and determined to tell me the symptoms I was having was not caused by this. This is not true some people can have symptoms while others do not. I am one of the lucky ones and I have symptoms. I am currently going through testing to see if it is autoimmune related. Some of my tests have suggested it may be autoimmune. Genetics plays a role in this for me my Great grandmother passed of Non-alcoholic Cirrhossis.

My diet sucked. I was a fast food junkie and soda was my only liquid i put in my body. The diet part is a work in progress for me. I have eliminated all sugar, except for natural sugars, HFCS (high fructose corn syrup it is in everything), High fatty foods except for good fats, and all processed food. I shop only on the outside of the grocery store buying and eating fresh fruits and veggies, eggs, nuts, and meat to include fish turkey and chicken. My body is starting to feel a little better.I started exersising. I have only just started this and it is hard probably the hardest thing I have had to do. Ive lost some weight this is going on my 3rd week of this lifestlye change. I am hoping that this will help and my bloodwork and my numbers will improve. I wish everyone the best. Like I said I am no expert just someone who is trying to live with this and trying to change my way of thinking about food. Good luck to all!!!!

Replies

• Welcome. This group doesn't seem to see much activity, but I check in once in a while.

You are so right about the abundance of misinformation and the fact that doctors do not seem to pay much attention to this disease.

I had symptoms too, which seemed to be baffling to my doctors. They were convinced that it had to be my galbladder or anything else. The only thing that any of the tests noticed was the size of my liver. They never even really gave me an actual diagnosis--just told me and noted in my records that I had a mild case of fatty infiltration of the liver. Talk about a wake up call!

Hope your weight loss journey is going well!