Biggest Target Area

What is the part of you that you would like to change the most in your journey?

Mine is my lower belly. I suppose most people call it a pooch?? but i dont know why when all the pics of people ive seen saying they have one i cant tell, as it looks flat compared to mine. My lower belly overhangs my stomach and has done so ever since i was around 10 yrs old. It is the part of me that always made me feel fat even when i was actually quite skinny according to my family. It is the reason i have given up on every diet ive been on because it doesnt change/move/decrease. I dont know why it appeared, all i know is i want it gone FOR GOOD.

2uh0kfl.jpg2h4w12a.jpg1zn3p5x.jpg

Replies

• khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    MIne is my hips and behind. I am very pear shaped and would like to get in better proportion. Lots of time clothes are very loose at the waist and fit at the hips and behind.
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    My stomach, my hips/butt/thighs. I have always have a stomach too, especially after I had my daughter...my doesn't overhang, but it sticks out. and I have like this dimple type thing in the center, below my navel.

Side:

72b1d5db-c42a-47a7-adda-f086c6a265c8_zps793c1f04.jpg

Front:

83716173-7cd8-4821-ad4a-2b0a39537b4d_zps11f88fe4.jpg

I have noticed that I since I have started the 30ds, that the legs of my pants are loose, and just this morning I had to use a different hole in my belt because the one I used before did hold my pants up.

I think after I finish the 30ds, I will either start her killer buns and thighs DVD, her Killer abs DVD, or her ripped in 30. I'm not sure which yet. But those are my target areas, and I'm definitely going to work on those areas.
  • [/quote]

I have noticed that I since I have started the 30ds, that the legs of my pants are loose, and just this morning I had to use a different hole in my belt because the one I used before did hold my pants up.

I think after I finish the 30ds, I will either start her killer buns and thighs DVD, her Killer abs DVD, or her ripped in 30. I'm not sure which yet. But those are my target areas, and I'm definitely going to work on those areas.
    [/quote]

i dont have ANY clothes that currently fit me as i gained so much weight AFTER i gave birth that nothing at all fits.

i have Extreame shed and shred to do after this but im goaling for NO REST DAYS as i want this tum gone so badly
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    My pooch looks like yours after 2 kids and I HATE it! So my upper and lower belly needs to go. I've always had a roll at the top, even when I was teeny tiny.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    My stomach is a combo of both of yours and a bit bigger. I hate it. I've been asked when I'm due. (my youngest is 8yrs old!) I'm hoping something will help shrink it!
  • I was asked when i was due by a customer the day i found out i was pregnant, i was only 4 weeks. I told him that my colleague Alex was so excited he was telling everyone, just so he could hide behind my lie so he didn't feel bad.

Afterwards and even now I believe i should have just been a ***** and said "im not pregnant, im just fat". it would have been so much funnier.:devil: :laugh:
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    First of all, when my youngest was around 3-4, she asked everyone with extra weight if she hear the baby! She also chased a lady down an isle screaming that all those hostess cakes in her cart were going to make her bigger! So yeah... adults should know better but kids lol...they don't have those filters in their words yet. She has mortified me many MANY times! My sweet little Sarah is just something else, one of the most out of the box thinkers I've ever seen.

Back on topic...

I want to lose my tummy. I know I'm not as big as other's but I hope you guys still understand that I want to lose the pudge. We had a biggest loser contest here at work and I was all ready to sign up and enjoy doing this with my co workers but I was kind of just deterred when people kept asking me why I would want to do it and told I looked fine. Why cant I just join and be fitter? Needless to say I didn't join the group but I did exercise on my own and was getting great results. Then I had my first asthma attack at work and one co worker had the gull to tell anyone who would listen that I was starving myself to lose weight and had an anxiety attack!!! Really? wow, just wow... of course after I got my correct diagnosis everyone knew better but still.
  • well i think you look fine honey but thats not the point. its how you feel about yourself and if you dont feel right with yourself then you dont feel right and thats that.

ps, i thought i deleted your comment by accident earlier meaning to press the reply button but ITS STILL HERE YAY:flowerforyou: :happy:
    Back on topic...

I want to lose my tummy. I know I'm not as big as other's but I hope you guys still understand that I want to lose the pudge. We had a biggest loser contest here at work and I was all ready to sign up and enjoy doing this with my co workers but I was kind of just deterred when people kept asking me why I would want to do it and told I looked fine. Why cant I just join and be fitter? Needless to say I didn't join the group but I did exercise on my own and was getting great results. Then I had my first asthma attack at work and one co worker had the gull to tell anyone who would listen that I was starving myself to lose weight and had an anxiety attack!!! Really? wow, just wow... of course after I got my correct diagnosis everyone knew better but still.

I hate when coworkers do that crap! There's a lady I work with who WALKS once in awhile and can eat anything she pleases but is as small as a toothpick! And she does eat anything and everything she wants!!! She was being nice last fall asking how much I'd lost and telling me how great I looked. When I said I had about 45 more pounds to lose she looked at me and said 'oh honey you will be too thin!! Don't lose anymore weight!' SERIOUSLY!?! Did I ASK her opinion?? Ummm no! I do good sucking my belly bulge in and wearing Spanx and flattering clothing but I was (and am) far from my goal!!!!!! People just need to shut their damn mouths unless they have walked in your shoes.
  • bmlubin
    bmlubin Posts: 10
    My target area is my stomach/abs, hips and thighs. I'm sick of sucking in my belly and doing the dance to get my pants on. Primary goal is to slim my belly down, and then secondary would be the hips and thighs.
  • My target area is my stomach/abs, hips and thighs. I'm sick of sucking in my belly and doing the dance to get my pants on. Primary goal is to slim my belly down, and then secondary would be the hips and thighs.

I currently have no trousers that fit me :indifferent: which is a right pain in the *kitten*. My secondary target is my upper arms, i have wearing sleeveless tops out and about because they are so fat but my lower arms are quite skinny. its just not proportional:grumble: :explode:
  • danirosevoelkel
    Back on topic...

I hate when coworkers do that crap! There's a lady I work with who WALKS once in awhile and can eat anything she pleases but is as small as a toothpick! And she does eat anything and everything she wants!!! She was being nice last fall asking how much I'd lost and telling me how great I looked. When I said I had about 45 more pounds to lose she looked at me and said 'oh honey you will be too thin!! Don't lose anymore weight!' SERIOUSLY!?! Did I ASK her opinion?? Ummm no! I do good sucking my belly bulge in and wearing Spanx and flattering clothing but I was (and am) far from my goal!!!!!! People just need to shut their damn mouths unless they have walked in your shoes.

Yes this exactly! It irks me to no end that people think they have some say in my life. If someone came up to me and said, "hey I want to work out." Instead of judging their figure or lack of, I would just say, "that's great! It gives you tons of energy and makes you feel awesome." Even people who are in the best shapes of their life can gain benefits of a workout. People do it for many things. When I ran on the track, it was therapeutic almost as I just let go of my day and all the things I couldn't redo.

But people are people...

I try to instill in my kids what my grandma taught me, treat people the way you want to be treated.

When we were at sixflags, I was in line for the bumper cars with my 6 yr old and my husband and 8 yr old were on another ride. Well he showed up at the end of the line and so instead of motioning her daddy over to her, my 6 yr old grabbed my hand and pulled me to the back of the line with him. Sure we had to wait a bit longer but it was a proud mommy moment. Then about 10 mins later there was a little girl in front of us and she brought her whole family in the line (instead of waiting behind three -THREE- people) and my little one blurted out, "wow that's really rude mom." And the mother turned and gave me a dirty look and I shrugged. I just mostly felt bad for the little girl she is raising to be just like her. It's sad.
  • danirosevoelkel
    I currently have no trousers that fit me :indifferent: which is a right pain in the *kitten*. My secondary target is my upper arms, i have wearing sleeveless tops out and about because they are so fat but my lower arms are quite skinny. its just not proportional:grumble: :explode:

you'll get there!
    Wow you are teaching your daughters well!!! It's amazing what they pick up on. I get so sick of people saying 'but they are just little kids'. Yes, they are, and they are people too with values and feelings. They know right from from better than adults do. As a teacher, I get so sick of parents covering for kids, making excuses, telling me that they are 'just' kids. Well hello!! We were also JUST kids once. And those KIDS will one day be running our country, they will be our doctors and lawyers. Make sure they are kind to others, and themselves. Teach them the LIFE SKILLS they need to be successful.

Ok ok...... I'm off my soapbox. I am SO PROUD of you as a parent for installing such wonderful things in your girls!!!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    I'm hoping to slim down my bottom half. I can't currently get my work trousers on, so I'm wearing my own. I'd rather like to get into them.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Wow you are teaching your daughters well!!! It's amazing what they pick up on. I get so sick of people saying 'but they are just little kids'. Yes, they are, and they are people too with values and feelings. They know right from from better than adults do. As a teacher, I get so sick of parents covering for kids, making excuses, telling me that they are 'just' kids. Well hello!! We were also JUST kids once. And those KIDS will one day be running our country, they will be our doctors and lawyers. Make sure they are kind to others, and themselves. Teach them the LIFE SKILLS they need to be successful.

Ok ok...... I'm off my soapbox. I am SO PROUD of you as a parent for installing such wonderful things in your girls!!!

Thank you! Kids need to be raised into functional people... wish more parents understood that.
  • danirosevoelkel
    I'm hoping to slim down my bottom half. I can't currently get my work trousers on, so I'm wearing my own. I'd rather like to get into them.

The shred will help I'm sure!
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Mine is my belly for sure. I guess I'm an "apple" shape because I hold nearly all my weight in my stomach region so it seriously looks like I'm pregnant. Have been asked that several times before.

For what it's worth, I have been reading a LOT about fitness lately and all the articles/books/etc. say that you can't "tone" a certain area...fat loss doesn't happen that way, it comes off where and when it wants. It just looks better because there is no longer a layer of fat around it, and then the more you work out the better the muscle looks. So I am aiming to bet my body fat % down more first and then going from there. I gather that strength training helps tighten loose skin, which is great since Jillian builds it in and kills my arms every time! ;)
  • danirosevoelkel
    That is true, I've read that too that you can't focus down one area of your body to lose on. Good thing to remember.
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    mine is my stomach. i carry almost all my excess weight on my stomach. over the last 6 weeks (before starting tracking here) ive lost some weight and lost some bulk and it hangs more now. uugh. i hate my stomach. honestly i look pregnant 90% of the time :(