tammyfranks2
tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
0gzoywi847u4.jpg
v61cycrgrm9j.jpg

my fat bombs

4 tablespoons of coconut oil (solid)
4 tablespoons of cream cheese
4 tablespoons of natural peanut butter , or any kind ya like . but low carb count
melt in a glass bowl for 1 min....then if not melted 1 more min (in microwave)

add in 1 tablespoon of caramel sugarfree syrup
a few drops of liquid sweetener (i use stevia)

3 tablespoons of cocopowder

MIX , it will be liquid , pour into molds , freezer for 20 minutes , will be firm , I put in a bag and keep in the fridge . this makes 10 candies , about 2 oz each , it net carbs at 1 a candy . depending on your peanutbutter. mfp says 179 calories each

I eat these almost everyday , 1 for breakfast , or 1 at night for desert .

Atkins candy is like 6 dollars for 5 , for this 10 i spent around 4 dollars .

Replies

• tammyfranks2
    Options
    of646uuw7mle.jpg

I made this cauliflower /pizza

used 2 eggs
    bird's eye mashed cauliflower (the whole thing )
    Mozzarella shredded (like 2 tablespoons)
    mixed it all up , only used half at a time
    baked it in a skillet for 30 mins at 375 degrees
    then added Parmesan just sprinkled some on top , then added pizza sauce , pepperoni and mozzarella cheese . and baked until it was all melted and looked good .
    this is so good , BUT I don't think it taste like pizza ,more like a casserole, or veggie bake . but very tasty , and you could add anything to it . toppings , and the sauce I used only had 1 carb .
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    The pizza looks yummy! Might have to try that! I’m not doing any specific diet, just CICO so no need for the fat bombs but they look lush too!
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I’ve been wanting to try the cauliflower pizza. I know it’s not the real thing, but I love cauliflower as it is so I’m sure I’d like it as a pizza lol
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    The fat bombs look and sound delicious but alas, there's no way I could get them in on my calorie limit *crooked grin*

I'm not big into cauliflower, but that looks delicious!

Oh, and has anyone seen the 2 ingredient yogurt homemade bagel recipe? I stumbled across a thread on it this morning. It consists of yogurt and self-rising flour, and I was wondering if it was really as good as some of the posters were claiming!
  • pugsrmypatronus
    pugsrmypatronus Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm sure other places sell it but if you don't feel like making your own cauliflower crust, you can buy a good one at Trader Joes!
  • tammyfranks2
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback , but anyone else going to post their favorite recipes :smiley: Good Food is always a great way to stay motivated. I was going to post my baked cabbage too !! but it is really simple just sliced raw cabbage , add sea salt , black pepper , little oil (any ) and bake at 375 degrees until tender or I like it crispy in places , so 15 mins or 20 mins . BUT great side item with my meat .
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to eat is chili, but I like to try different recipes and variations each time. I was so happy when I realized my favorite food also happens to be pretty low calorie. I mean I'm sure there are very high cal versions too, but mine never are. And it's so filling!
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    03crj518joko.png
    1m28h3lis5v9.png
    I’m a big fan of PB2 powdered peanut butter. I LOVE peanut butter, but the calories for such a small serving makes me very sad... the powdered stuff is not the exact same, but it is yummy with apple slices and you get 2 tbsp powder (which turns into 3 tbsp once water is added) for 45 calories! I haven’t tried it in any recipes but I imagine it would be a great low cal swap.
  • tammyfranks2
    Options
    @Mellykay88 that is awesome , I am going to look for this to go in my fat bombs !!! still 3 carbs net , but the calorie count is so much lower
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I'll give you a couple, though I don't know if they truly qualify as low fat or low carb. They ARE lower calorie and I found them to be pretty good!

Stouffers Grandma's Chicken & Rice Bake
    http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2012/10/copy-cat-stouffers-grandmas-chicken.html

This is a mock version of the Stouffer's Grandma's chicken and rice bake and in my opion, it is pretty darned close! It takes some time to put it together, but the full recipe makes 2 casseroles, and there are instructions for prepping ahead of time and baking later, which, if you have a freezer large enough, could be a great convenience on a busy week night!
    The original recipe calls for 2 cups milk, but I substitute 1 cup almond milk and 1 cup low fat milk. You could also use all almond milk or coconut milk or whatever else you like. I also boiled 25 oz of chicken breasts in a pot to eliminate the olive oil completely and reduced the butter to 5 Tbsp instead of 8 to saute my veggies and make the crumb topping.
    It does have rice in it and panko bread crumbs, but you could substitute if you desired, though I can't guarantee the consistency if you do. I used the full 4 cups of rice, but cut the breadcrumbs in half to 0.75 cup instead.
    mrm7gsz3c2pj.png
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Greek Style Oven Roasted Rutabaga
    https://thehealthyfoodie.com/oven-roasted-rutabaga/

I've been experimenting with a lot of different veggies that I've never tried before, such as celery root, parsnips, turnips, various greens, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, butternut squash, etc. Some I've really come to love - parsnips! - and plan to try to grow myself this summer, and some were bleh - turnips - and I probably won't eat very often. My mother recently waxed nostalgic about her grandfather's rutabagas when she was a kid, so I hunted around until I found a couple to try. Now mom would have just boiled them and buttered them, but I wanted a better recipe than that, and came across this one. I was really surprised at how well I liked it, though I think I may try swapping the oregano out for basil next time and reducing the spices just a tad - I'm not really a strong spice kind of person.
    I did cut the amount of olive oil called for in half to help with calorie content. Anyway, if you are looking for ways to spice up what your eating, I highly recommend being a little adventurous and exploring new things :)
    lskz5uytjp57.png

• bmeadows380
    Options
    Kroger Turkey Enchiladas

This one I found on Kroger's website, I think, but I don't have a link for it or even the original instructions - only the ingredients, so I'm making up the instructions lol. I found a recipe as well for making my own corn tortillas, so my recipe list includes those ingredients, but if you want more convenience or even lower carbs, you can always substitute pre-made wraps or tortillas.

Tortillas
    https://www.theleangreenbean.com/homemade-corn-tortillas-and-tortilla-chips/

1 cup masa harina (you can find this in the Mexican section of your grocery store or with the flour; do NOT use regular corn meal!)
    0.75 cup water
    0.5 tsp salt

mix all the ingredients into a well formed ball, need a few times, let sit for 30-60 minutes, then divide into 8 smaller balls and either use a tortilla press to flatten or, if you are like me and don't have a tortilla press, get a set of stove eye covers (because they are flat), spray the inside of one and the outside of another, put 1 small ball of dough inside the one, put the other on top, place on the floor, then step on it to flatten the dough between the two covers (your foot goes inside the top one which fits inside the bottom one with the dough in between). I found this method worked beautifully and wasn't nearly as messy as trying to use parchment paper or waxed paper.
    Drop them into a hot skillet or on a non-stick griddle and brown on both sides, about 1 minute each.

this should make about 8 tortillas.

Enchiladas
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    0.5 Tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
    1 can tomatoes and green chilies
    4 Tbsp tomato paste
    about 1 tomato paste can of water (or ditch the water and tomato paste and use a small can of tomato sauce instead)
    1 cup shredded cheese
    16 oz lean ground turkey *make sure it's the lean style - I saw that regular ground turkey has the same calories as 85/15 ground beef!

saute your onions in a sprayed skillet or non-stick skillet until soft.
    Brown the turkey, making sure to break the large chunks up.
    Mix the onions, turkey, spices, and tomatoes and green chilies. Place 1/8th of the mixture on one side of a tortilla, and roll it up. Place seem side down in a sprayed casserole dish or 9x13 pan.
    Once all 8 tortillas have been rolled, either mix the tomato paste with water to form a tomato sauce, or use the can of tomato sauce and pour over the top of the tortillas.
    Top with cheese.
    Bake at 350F for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until center of the tortillas are at least 165 degrees on a meat themometer.
    Serve with whatever toppings you want, such as sour cream, chives, or even diced avocado or lettuce or sliced olives - or eat plain!

1 enchilada is 1 serving

*note, if you don't want your cheese crisp, cover loosely with aluminum foil and remove it the last 5 minutes of baking.

pwobzxdhgkx7.png
  • tammyfranks2
    Options
    i just meant by low carb or low fats as all recipes , I am doing low carb but i know others are doing low calorie and others low fat , Thank You for these !! I bet others will use them , to many carbs for me , but that is ok they still look yummy
  • tammyfranks2
    Options
    fn712lhclq8p.jpg

Mascarpone instead of the cream cheese , makes these way more smooth , also it has dropped to almost no carbs <1 same recipe just add the mascarpone instead of cream cheese.
  • tammyfranks2
    Options
    flax seed flour crackers ..preheat over 400 degree
    2 cups of flax seed flour
    1 tsp of garlic powder
    1tsp of dill weed 6zjfzdhrog1g.jpg

1tsp of celery seed

1 cup of water
    mix into a dough , flatten out on parchment paper , into a square or kind of one , make sure you cut it before you bake it , then 25 to 30 mins at 400 degrees
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I discovered roasted veggies last year. Asparagus, green beans, carrots. All super yummy with a light coating of EVOO, salt and pepper and toss in the oven. I got all excited and tried roasted eggplant this past week. Turns out I don't like eggplant though, he he. I tried roasted broccoli this week too and OMG was that delicious.
  • tammyfranks2
    Options
    itnz7dsxzfkg.jpg

fathead pizza , look on pinterest or just put in fathead pizza and their web site will come up , best pizza I have had since this diet started , it feels like real pizza and taste like real pizza !! I had a small salad with my pizza and the whole meal was 10 carbs !!