Pedometer watches & Fitness Trackers

Options
Dad4Myla
Dad4Myla Posts: 81 Member
Hi all, so how many of you are using a pedometer watch or a fitness tracker watch? If so what kind? How do you like it? Pro’s vs Cons. There are a zillion on the market and people don’t know what to get, I did tons and tons of research and finally made up my mind today. Fitbit seems to be the “it thing” but it seems like all the features are kind of lacking for the price. So I ordered a Garmin Vivosmart HR+ It has all the tracking capabilities I’m looking for plus heart rate, and it syncs with my phone to give me my phone msgs and calls etc. I’ll give a better update when it arrives.

Replies

• alevans4
    alevans4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Right now I just use my iPhone. It tracks steps and distance and that's all I really need.
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit flex (had because my cats stole it and I can’t find it anywhere). It pretty much just tracks steps. Within the next few months I want to look into finding something with more features. I was thinking about just going for the Apple Watch.
  • NicoleVT83
    NicoleVT83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch, tracks everything, including my swimming.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge HR that is about to fall apart. I love the features it has, but am disappointed that it isn’t holding up. I know I can return it or whatever, but meh. I like the idea of the Apple Watch, but I’m not ready to spend that kind of money. I guess we’ll see once my Fitbit finally breaks.
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit - just dragged it out of the drawer it's been gathering dust in yesterday. I find it works much better on my wrist than in a drawer ;) The only thing I really wish it could track is swimming. It isn't waterproof. Can't wait to hear a Garmin review!
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Depending on how long you can wait, there will likely be another fitbit coming soon that is waterproof and priced between the charge hr and ionic.
    https://www.androidauthority.com/new-fitbit-smartwatch-might-fitbit-blaze-2-842011/
  • Dad4Myla
    Options
    Finally got it in the mail today. I’ll test it out tomorrow
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap, basic pedometer from Amazon called 3D triSport - or rather, I HAD one until I misplaced it.......I did buy a replacement this week and it will hopefully be here today or tomorrow.

Its just a basic pedometer, but it does counts steps and mileage and provides a running total in addition to daily total, which was all I really wanted. I liked that model because it proved to be pretty accurate to my step count and mileage totals, and unlike my stupid smartphone, it actually showed my totals step for step after about 10 or so - the stupid smart phone only seems to display step totals every 50th or so!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    fatoldladyonamission Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One, which is the version that clips onto your bra, or pants for men lol, it tracks steps, floors climbed, calories and sleep if you wear it at night. I’ve had mine for years and do love it, but it isn’t waterproof and I didn’t want a watch style one so everyone would look at it and think why is that fat *kitten* wearing one of those? I have been thinking about upgrading my phone to an iPhone and if I do that I may get the Apple Watch but I’m a way off of affording that at the moment having just agreed to buy daughter a new horse! I’d be very interested to hear about the Garmin too!
  • Dad4Myla
    Options
    UPDATE*** Garmin Vivoactive HR, first off it’s waterproof upto 50 meters. So showers, swimming, etc is all good. It counts steps, miles, heart rate, it keeps track of your calories burned. It has settings for running, biking, cardio workouts. It syncs up with my phone. I can get my text msgs and phone calls on it (you can’t reply from it though). It’s pretty simple to navigate and use. It tells me the time and date. It tells me how many flights of stairs I have climbed. It gives me a buzz if I have been sedentary for to long. I enjoy it so far
  • Cillamail
    Cillamail Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've recently jumped back on mfp and Garmin connect. Happy to accept any friend requests on either. Garmin user name is CillaHolden. See you online! :)