Class and Practice Check in - Week of 2/26/2018

Options
As martial artists who are also members of a WL and fitness website, it can be helpful for us to remain accountable to each other, and share training ideas.

Any time you participate in class, or practice out side of class, post here and let everyone know. You can write something as simple as "Went to sparring class... got my licks in", or get into as much detail on the practice as you'd like.

This post gets rebuilt every week, to remind us to approach each practice/training/class with a fresh perspective:

- Do today what others won't, tomorrow do what others can't.

Replies

• BaldIrishMonk
    BaldIrishMonk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My training partner and I did a couple days of flow drill and technique practice and a day of sparring this week. We came out pretty bruised but none the worse for the wear
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    My Saturday class was with the dojo head sensei instead of our usual sensei. It was such a great class! I loved it. It was basic blocks and then some applications. We ended the class with kata and I realised that I am slowly forgetting all my higher level katas!! I need to get back into training at home!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've been absent recently because my head's not been in a good place for MFP, I've got a shoulder injury thanks to a fall off my bike but I've mostly been ok to train at martial arts, it's really my other training that's suffered! Last night was a good basics lesson, and I got to teach a newly qualified green belt his next kata - a young lad who seems to learn effortlessly, I went through the kata with him twice before letting him have a go on his own and he was already at a stage where I was just picking out bits to tighten up for him, he was a joy to teach and gave me loads of confidence in my own teaching ability as well :).
    We ended the class on some senior kyu-grade katas and I'm afraid I've been neglecting these recently to work on the higher stuff. I don't think I actually got anything wrong but a few of my pause moments were longer than they should be ;)
    I'm looking forward to my Monday club tonight, all of the white belts are due to do their first grading at the end of this month. I am the highest graded member who trains there regularly so I have done a lot of teaching with them and I feel quite invested in their training, I can't wait to see them all in their coloured belts :)