Mini Goal Challenge - Week of February 26th to March 4th

Options

In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay!! Just realized I had not posted this. Weekend was too busy :smile:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Molly, I feel you! I have felt SO overwhelmed this last week trying to get everything done for school and my masters class and sneaking in exercise where I can.

Daily:
    1. Eat only what has already been logged into MFP.
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for the day. Today: Plated or salad
    3. Steps goal: 5-6k during school day, continue at gym on treadmill on available days to 11-12k. Run 5 min @ 6.0.
    4. 2 sets body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane each leg, 15 side leg lifts).
    5. Gym after school 2x/week, plus Saturday and Sunday. Flexibility and house-pacing on non-gym days.
    6. Classwork for at LEAST one hour.
    7. Before dinner, take meds, prep next day’s breakfast and lunch. Daily Duolingo.
    8. Check in, teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 9:45 on school nights, 10:30 on holidays/weekends.

Non-daily:
    1. With husband, brainstorm meal ideas for next week on Friday. Double-check Plated meals and make changes if needed. Check ingredients and enter recipes if needed. Grocery shopping Saturday or Sunday.
    2. Strength class Tuesday, Thursday. Kickboxing Monday. Zumba and yoga on Saturday. Ask on facebook to be sure Zumba is scheduled; check on Meetup for yoga.
    3. Week 9 lesson plans revised & finished by Wednesday.
    4. Plan next visit with B. Check in with parents. Check in with siblings.
    5. I have my writers' group meeting Tuesday after strength class but I think I'm not going to go. My focus HAS to be on getting my coursework done.

Quote for the week: Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future; act now. - Simone de Beauvoir

You can do this, friends! I believe in you!
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    As of Monday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 1/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 1/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 0/7
    4) 2L water --- 0/7
    5) No added sugar --- 0/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 1/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 1/7

I've been enjoying a fairly difficult yoga class, Vinyasa Flow (just started, gone 3 times), even though I can't do all the poses. However, I'm a little concerned about hurting my back or knees because I'm unsure of the exact proper way to do all the moves and it goes quickly from one pose to the next. (I'm afraid of weight lifting, squats, lunges for the same reason.) It's supposed to be a great calorie burn. I've been watching YouTube videos to learn the poses better. I know I could start with easier yoga but the flow class is fun and a great workout. I'm still going to TRX twice a week, I really hope to start to see some scale movement and/or inches down. Nothing yet but I feel stronger. It was a hard decision but I shelled out for a six month membership at the yoga/TRX studio. (Almost twice as expensive to go month to month.) I can be fickle, I really hope I'm still enjoying it a few months from now!

@IsMollyReallyHungry Thanks for starting the thread, and great job with your loss this week!

@clicketykeys Great goals. I need to do some family & friends check-ins, too. Your goal is a nice reminder. I'm working on counter-height pushups!
  • cjsacto
    Options
    As of Tuesday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 2/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 1/7 not today
    3) At least 60g protein --- 1/7 yes today
    4) 2L water --- 1/7 yes today
    5) No added sugar --- 0/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 2/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 2/7
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your push-ups progress - and on the yoga! Pay attention to your body, and maybe look at some modified poses if you feel that's necessary. I have trouble with downward dog because my hamstrings have always been tight, so my heels don't always go all the way down, but that's okay. And I have knee issues too, so I'm careful with squats and lunges, but I still do them because as far as I can tell, one of the best ways to reduce the likelihood of knee injuries is to make sure that all of the muscles connected to / associated with the knee are nice and strong, so that they can support the joints themselves.

This week has been something of a sausage grinder for me. Gotta run. Too much to do :P
  • cjsacto
    Options
    As of Wednesday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 3/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 2/7 yes today
    3) At least 60g protein --- 2/7 yes today
    4) 2L water --- 2/7 yes today
    5) No added sugar --- 1/7 yes!
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 3/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 2/7 oops

So I said I was worried about injuries, and what did I do? I was trying to do something that was too hard for me and I fell on my elbow, which is now swollen. Dumb... And now I'm going to have to modify a number of exercises for a while to baby my elbow and I'm embarrassed. The last time I fell in an exercise class was in the 90s and I never went back. I'm going to stick with it this time. I'm klutzy but I'll keep trying.

@clicketykeys Good advice! I do the lunges and squats very carefully.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 02/26/18:

1) WW blue dot day – 1/5
    2) 6 hrs of sleep – 0/3
    3) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/3(de-clutter)

Mon: no no no
    Tue: yes no no
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
    887823.png
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 02/26/18:

1) WW blue dot day – 1/5
    2) 6 hrs of sleep – 0/3
    3) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/3(de-clutter)

Mon: no no no
    Tue: yes no no
    Wed: no no no
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• cjsacto
    Options
    As of Thursday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 4/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 3/7 yes today
    3) At least 60g protein --- 3/7 yes today
    4) 2L water --- 3/7 yes today
    5) No added sugar --- 2/7 yes!
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 4/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 3/7
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Hello friends. I got busy and didn't get back to enter my goals, so now I get to cheat and enter them knowing what kind of week I've already had :wink: .

But first let me comment on what's going on in YOUR lives:
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Was the weekend fun busy or stressful busy? How is your dad doing now? If you updated us on your own health concerns I missed it. Everything ok?
    @clicketykeys You are so inspirational! I sound like a broken record, but I don't know how you manage to keep so many balls up in the air.
    @cjsacto Sorry to read about your fall/elbow. Good for you for not letting it become a reason to stop attending yoga classes. I just ordered the Beachbody Yoga DVD's (3 Week Yoga Retreat) with the hope that I will finally get into yoga. I feel like the only one in the world who hasn't fallen in love with it.

So that last comment was about me again. Oh well, I might as well give in to that and get to my goals for this week. I had originally thought I would try logging again (I haven't done it in a while), but I didn't last longer than a day, and I've been successful at keeping a small deficit anyway (or so the scales are suggesting) so my goals are just:

1. NROLFW 3 days/week - 2/3
    2. Usual strength training routine at the gym 3 days/week -2/3
    3. Keep protein levels up 7 days/week - 4/7

I bought New Rules Of Lifting For Women right after seeing my BF% on the scales. I started early last week, and haven't missed a workout yet. Haven't missed a workout at the gym either. I had a little IBS issue and had to give up on my protein goals for a day while I recovered but otherwise I've been quite dedicated.

Plus I saw 133 on the scales for the first time in at least 8 years, maybe more. Very exciting. It's all easy while my grandson is away. Did I say this already? He's in Brazil till April, lots of ME time right now.

There's only a few days left in the week, but hoping they are great ones for all of us!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Checking back in a little early so I don't forget. Met my 3 goals this week and ready to add back in a 4th. So for next week:

1. NROLFW 3x/wk
    2. Gym strength training on machines 3x/wk
    3. Keep protein levels up every day
    4. 10 hours of housework this week
  • cjsacto
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As of Sunday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 4/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 6/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 6/7
    4) 2L water --- 6/7
    5) No added sugar --- 5/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 6/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 6/7

Have a cold. :( Used as an excuse to have whatever I wanted for dinner. This is the way of my people. So I ate too much today, but for the whole week my average was 1442.

@goldthistime Great job on your goals! Congrats on your scale victory, too! Enjoy that "me" time.

@IsMollyReallyHungry I hope your dad is improving and all is well with you.

@clicketykeys How was your busy, busy week? Someone at work uses the phrase "drinking from the fire hose" when things are getting to be a bit too much, thought you could relate to that image.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Hello Warriors!

Well last week I bailed out on you all, just too much going on to check in. I gained 0.6 pounds. So not too bad considering the week I have had. :( This week is going to be hectic also. But I will do my best to check in as often as I can.

I see you all had a great week checking in! Keep up the good work and see you on the next thread! :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

@cjsacto - hope you are feeling better!
This discussion has been closed.