Has anyone gained weight from exercise?

Options
I get so frustrated. Whenever I walk a long distance (long for me) or do more than normal exercise, I gain a few pounds. I'm sure it's related to inflammation in my body as a result of the exercise but it takes several days, if not a week to get rid of that weight. I know if I exercised on a regular basis eventually I would probably not have those gains but I never have the patience to wait it out a few weeks because I want to see the scale go down.

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize because I see the same thing happen to me. If I have a day of strenuous work, then I know the next few days, there's going to be a scale spike of a couple of pounds. I try not to let it bother me and remind myself its probably just water weight from my body repairing those muscles.

But I agree - it's frustrating! lol
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes! When I started exercising regularly I went a few weeks with no loss (or a gain) on the scale. It was water retention that my body needed due to the extra exertion. After a few weeks I lost all of the water weight and things seem to have balance out for the most part.
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I try drinking even more water to help flush out the water weight. I end up going to the bathroom several times a night, but it helps!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..... I just started working out yesterday. It was a super mild workout but my first one in a looooong time. Today up about a pound and a half. I also went way over on sodium yesterday so hard to tell what the culprit is.