Please your advice! Ungodly husband

Options
mayancoh
mayancoh Posts: 56 Member
I have been growing closer to god but my husband (married for 2 months) hasn’t. What can I do? How can I get him closer to god? I want him to be the spiritual leader (and just leader) of our home. I want to follow him but find that I make most of the decisions around our home…

When I try to talk to him about religion he is a little cynical about it and sais he doesn’t know if he really believes…

How can I turn my husband in to a believing man that is the head of his home?

Would really appreciate your help!

Thank you

Replies

• HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Well Mayan,
    You have come to the right place.
    Prayer changes things.

1) It is not your responsibility to bring your husband closer to God. The Holy Spirit will draw your husband.

2) It is your responsibility to be all that God wants you to be--obedient to God, faithful, and exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit (Gal 5 22 But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 humility, and self-control. There is no law against such things as these.) James is another Scripture that teaches how we should live our lives as Christians.

3) Pray. Pray and pray again. Romans 8 speaks of our prayers going up and the Holy Spirit translating them in a way that makes our requests known to God. So that our prayers are right and God works things out for us.
    Romans 8:26-39

Good News Translation (GNT)
    26 In the same way the Spirit also comes to help us, weak as we are. For we do not know how we ought to pray; the Spirit himself pleads with God for us in groans that words cannot express.
    27 And God, who sees into our hearts, knows what the thought of the Spirit is; because the Spirit pleads with God on behalf of his people and in accordance with his will.

28 We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him,[a] those whom he has called according to his purpose. 29 Those whom God had already chosen he also set apart to become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many believers. 30 And so those whom God set apart, he called; and those he called, he put right with himself, and he shared his glory with them.

God's Love in Christ Jesus

31 In view of all this, what can we say? If God is for us, who can be against us?
    32 Certainly not God, who did not even keep back his own Son, but offered him for us all! He gave us his Son—will he not also freely give us all things?
    33 Who will accuse God's chosen people? God himself declares them not guilty!
    34 Who, then, will condemn them? Not Christ Jesus, who died, or rather, who was raised to life and is at the right side of God, pleading with him for us!
    35 Who, then, can separate us from the love of Christ? Can trouble do it, or hardship or persecution or hunger or poverty or danger or death?
    36 As the scripture says,

“For your sake we are in danger of death at all times;
    we are treated like sheep that are going to be slaughtered.”

37 No, in all these things we have complete victory through him who loved us! 38 For I am certain that nothing can separate us from his love: neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers or powers, neither the present nor the future, 39 neither the world above nor the world below—there is nothing in all creation that will ever be able to separate us from the love of God which is ours through Christ Jesus our Lord.

4) We will lift you in prayer. In James 5 it says the prayers of the righteous change things.
    James 5:16

Good News Translation (GNT)

16 So then, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you will be healed. The prayer of a good person has a powerful effect.

5) The Gospel of Matthew was written expressly to the Jews. It has many more Jewish references, which may or may not be appealing.

6) Don't worry or press him about it. Just love him. Let God's love shine through you. In many respects, we are living examples of Christ for people. So they are watching us.
    The church has done more harm when it has been judgmental and hateful, than when it has been loving.
    God is love.

God Is Love I John 4: 7ff

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, because love comes from God. Whoever loves is a child of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 And God showed his love for us by sending his only Son into the world, so that we might have life through him. 10 This is what love is: it is not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the means by which our sins are forgiven.

11 Dear friends, if this is how God loved us, then we should love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in union with us, and his love is made perfect in us.

13 We are sure that we live in union with God and that he lives in union with us, because he has given us his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and tell others that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If we declare that Jesus is the Son of God, we live in union with God and God lives in union with us. 16 And we ourselves know and believe the love which God has for us.

God is love, and those who live in love live in union with God and God lives in union with them. 17 Love is made perfect in us in order that we may have courage on the Judgment Day; and we will have it because our life in this world is the same as Christ's. 18 There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear. So then, love has not been made perfect in anyone who is afraid, because fear has to do with punishment.

19 We love because God first loved us. 20 If we say we love God, but hate others, we are liars. For we cannot love God, whom we have not seen, if we do not love others, whom we have seen. 21 The command that Christ has given us is this: whoever loves God must love others also.

True story how God works miracles in our lives: When I met a young woman at a conference who was angry with God and the church because everywhere she went, she was criticized for her relationships and living with a guy-not married, etc. The churches she visited judged her and rejected her.
    We sat together through the conference, and ended up talking and reading Scripture more than paying attention to the speakers.
    In a nutshell, I told her that she must get her relationship to God in order. Get into a right relationship with God, and then she was to put all the conflicts and difficulties in God's hands--on God's altar--and trust that God would guide her through the challenges. She accepted Jesus into her heart that night and confessed her sins, and put her difficulties up to God. She was radiant when we finished praying. Beautiful in a striking way that others noticed. When I spoke with her over the course of the year, her life had transformed--slowly, but steadily (with ups and downs). She was finally in a perfect relationship, engaged to be married, involved in a wonderful fellowship of believers that were helping her grow spiritually and her prospects looked bright. One by one, God empowered her to be loving, make right choices and God guided her relationship into one that honored him.

God is responsible for drawing people into believing. Yes, we can contribute, but our part is not to be judging or making people feel guilty. Our job is to be loving and kind.
    This is the kind of love that makes Christianity irresistible.
    I am not saying it is easy. In fact, I think the evil one delights in making our lives a challenge for us to be loving and kind. But God is more powerful and can make us what we need to be.
    There was a time when I was in a relationship with someone who hurt me deeply, all my prayers, songs, hymns and Bible verses seemed to be forgotten. My mind went blank. All I could think was "I belong to God." So I repeated that. (I was driving my car on the freeway at the time) When a problem popped into my head, I would simply say, "That problem (naming it) belongs to God." I said it over and over for twenty minutes. That's how long it took (1000s of times saying it) before a beautiful peace settled over me. I no longer felt the hurt, as I had. A warmth radiated throughout my body and I relaxed. I KNEW I belonged to God. One by one the problems sorted themselves out. Praise be to God. :)

Be good to yourself. Let us pray for you, especially if you find yourself struggling over something in particular. We can pray very specifically for you and that.
    We lift all of this to God.

Well, this is a start. It may not happen immediately. Don't worry. Just be what God wants you to be. And let me know if there is something that changes...or needs extra prayer.
    You have been on my heart since you joined us. :) My prayer for you:
    Dear God, In your greatness, you gave us your son, Jesus, to save us from our sins. Pour our your spirit upon Mayan and her husband. Empower her to be all you want her to be. Draw him to you by the love she shows. Open his eyes that he may see you and turn his heart over to you, that they may grow in their relationship, bonded in your love. We pray this in Jesus name, that you might be glorified by the transformation of their lives together. Amen.
    Blessings,
    ChapLynne