How many calories?

Options
goldenglow90
goldenglow90 Posts: 44 Member
Two things. First of all, how many calories should I be eating? I was eating 1200 calories and slowly losing weight (I don't have much to lose) but since starting 30DS I am so hungry and wondering if I should up my calories, I heard that you will lose muscle if you eat at a deficit.

Secondly, how many calories does it burn? I have googled and seen a lot of very different answers. If I do circuits on MFP it says 140 calorie, others with similar stats said their HRM said around 300 calories and I also found a post about a JM formula which worked out with my weight at 80 calories. I want to log it accurately as I'm eating my calories back and don't want to over eat.

Thanks

Replies

• mrshallewell
    Options
    Hi, 1200 cals is if your not very active i believe so try reassessing your goals and see if that make a difference. I too am finding myself being hungrier and i have started to eat back most of my calorie deficit to hit back on 1200. (as i do nothing else all day but sit on my *kitten* im keeping mine at 1200)

I have been putting it in on circuit training general as i believe this is what most other people have been doing, and i've put it in for 20 mins which accounts for between time, warm up and cool down. Mine works out at 215 cals burned for that time but remember that the more you weigh the more energy you put in = the more you burn. unfortunately there isnt yet a exercise this for jm workouts but i think some brainy person should deffinately make one.

Hope your having fun with it.

ps. remember to drink lots of water too as that can sometimes be attributed as hunger by mistake.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I stalled big time eating that low of calories. Find your TDEE and the subract 20%, that will be a good calorie goal for you to lose. If not, your body will think you are starving it and hold on to everything!!

There's no accurate cal burn for JM, so I put 20-25 min circuit training. Only accurate way to get it would be to wear a HRM.