Biggest challenge?

Options
ipmac22
ipmac22 Posts: 74 Member
Hi! I see only one person in the group so far, the creator, but I figured I'd join and say hi!

My biggest struggle for me is I've always been a go big or go home person. So I've always sought high impact workouts. Additionally, just as easily as I can get into a routine and follow it, I can break it with the simplest disturbance in routine. Just recently I finally started accepting that there are days I can't workout, as it may be counterproductive. I'm in the process of leaving my kickboxing gym because it's just too high impact on a regular basis, in lieu of a traditional gym with more flexibility in workouts, equipment, and classes. Even yoga can be frustrating on days when my joints are angry, but on days I can handle it, the exercise is so important!

Replies

• b1mara
    b1mara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Been looking for groups with people with RA as advised by my doctor to try and get out of my bubble.

My struggle is I am constantly exhausted and find it hard to even get up in the mornings but have been referred to gym therapy so fingers crossed. Is there anything that you find helps??

Bx
  • ipmac22
    ipmac22 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's diet (I try to eat a low-inflammation diet) or medication, but my fatigue has improved over the last year. Typically, once I get up I'm able to continue and tend to feel somewhat better once I start moving. Hot showers in the morning help me get moving also!
  • iyeste
    iyeste Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, I see I'm member #4! Not sure you guys are still participating, but my biggest challenge is overcoming the incredible fatigue when I have an RA flare. I had my first covid-19 vaccine on 3/29. The flare hit a week later, and it's really knocked me on my butt. I'm dreading doing the second vaccine because I hear from others that's the one that really hits you with the side effects. I hope you guys are doing well.