What do you eat when you have a sweet tooth?

Options
Dad4Myla
Dad4Myla Posts: 81 Member
Before I started this journey I’d eat a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting watching a tv show. And about 3-4 days a week. I still get sweetness cravings obviously. For me my go to is, I go to Walmart and buy the Great Value brand light whipped topping. I eat 1 cup of the topping and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Stir it together and eat it like its ice cream. Total it’s 160 caps of whipped topping and 100 calories of PB. 260 calories total and it actually goes a pretty long ways. You will be impressed. I don’t like the low cal ice creams I’ve tried a bunch. They just taste gritty to me.

Replies

• MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have discovered yasso frozen yogurt bars, my favorite is mocha chip. Also weight watchers brand fudgecicles (how is that spelled?) and I like the FiberOne lemon squares. Those are all right around 90 calories. Sometimes I will put ReddiWhip on strawberries and it satisfies my sweet tooth. I will have to try the whipped topping and pb.
  • bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @Mzcara148 I love yasso bars.My favorite is chocolate chip cookie dough. Never tried mocha chip my walmart doesn't carry that flavor. I also found fiber one bars. (chocolate chip and oat) I was a major sugar junkie before but those items seem to help stop the cravings.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    the fat bombs i make , creamy sweet and chocolate , but peanut butter in it , so if you can not eat nuts , then it's a no go . :neutral:
    sugar free jello
  • meldwel
    meldwel Posts: 143 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have a few things I have when the sweet tooth hits. My favorite snack is a cup of blueberries with cool whip on top all for a little over 100 calories. I buy the regular cool whip because the difference in calories is minimal like maybe 10 more than the light so I feel like it is my splurge. (I believe sour cream is the same way) another thing we do is strawberry shortcake (my sons fav) I use those little sponge cake cups top with strawberries with a little sugar mashed in and cool whip on top...all for about 140 calories. And I think the most indulgent thing we have once or twice a week is an apple turnover by Pepperidge Farm...there are 4 of them in a package in the frozen dessert section and you bake them for like 20 mins and it’s what I call a real dessert for 260 calories. I was shocked because I would have thought with that flaky puff pastry and apple filling it would have been 500+ calories. I have one of these options almost everyday! I would love to hear some other ideas. I will have to try the cool whip and peanut butter mix @Dad4Myla came up with. Sounds delicious!!
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Love yasso bars!
    Also a fan of berries topped with a small serving of no sugar added ice cream. 130 cal for 2/3 cup is bomb
    Sugar free jello with reddi whip.
    Loved the pumpkin cream pie recipe from skinnytaste
    Love graze snacks for this
    Big fan of the trader joe's French dessert the frozen cannelle. I think it is 160 calories and it's delicious with coffee.
    Love sweetened creamy tea
    Also love 3 red vines for 100 calories. Delicious!!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I'm down to the point where I just don't have room for a lot of desserts in my calorie budget :( I work on getting sugar counts and calorie counts down in regular desserts I make for my mom and dad by using splenda in place of sugar, apple sauce in place of some of the butter, egg beaters instead of regular eggs, etc. I prefer the splenda because the desserts turn out better than with the stevia granulated.

I was keeping a bag of sugar free chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips for a quick hit, but I've found that I'm having a much harder time staying out of them, so I've had to stop buying those.

If I need protein, I'll eat a skyr yogurt and stir in a little more sweetener.

Truthfully, though, I don't really have sweet tooth cravings much anymore. I've got some graham crackers, too, but I find that what I want to reach for more to snack on is just plain croutons!
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes to Yasso bars!!! The salted caramel is delicious!! Also WW toffee crunch (75 calories for the win). Fruit works for me sometimes, too. I love healthy/low cal swaps, but as my diary shows I cave to candy a bit too often. I fit into my calories for the most part , but I still feel guilty about it.
  • meldwel
    Options
    @Dad4Myla I tried the peanut butter cool whip mix, only I used the pb2 power and it is soooo dang good!!! My husband thinks it tastes like Reese’s pieces. Next time we are going to try it with real peanut butter And see if there is much difference. Thanks!! We love it!
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I got a sno-cone maker today! I love cold stuff like popsicles and I’m pretty excited about this machine! Haha!
  • MzCara148
    Options
    I have developed a Halo problem, for reals. I hoard calories so I can have it every night.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I tried so hard to like Halo Top and I almost sort of liked a few flavors for a while, but I realized I don’t really love it. I’m weird and picky and sometimes it takes me a long time to figure out if I like something or not. I wish I liked it. I heard there is another brand... maybe Breyer’s or something? And it’s the same concept as HT but tastes better. I have yet to find it in any nearby stores.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I had heard that Breyer's was making one, but I haven't them yet either.
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice 100 calorie fudge bars are my current favorite! They taste just like a Wendy’s frosty and only have 5g of sugar as an added bonus.

I like the taste of Halo Top but it gives me a stomach ache every time I eat it.
  • MzCara148
    Options
    I only like certain Halo Top flavors (I'm looking at you, Caramel Macchiato and Peanut Butter)
  • meldwel
    Options
    I bought the halo top in peanut butter cup and also Yasso bars in chocolate chip cookie dough. I will let you guys know what I think after we try them!
  • bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @meldwel the yasso bars are my absolute fav! Hope you enjoy them
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Yasso!!