MIracle whip/ gluten free

Options
tvl0308
tvl0308 Posts: 96 Member
Hi all,
Has anyone found a miracle whip that is gluten free? They say Kraft is gluten free but doesn't say gluten free on the product. Scared to try it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• Crohns2013
    Crohns2013 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Is there an ingredient that worries you? Not everything will state gluten free on the label, sometimes you just need to read through it and find out. The miracle whip in our fridge is gluten free, at least I think Its GF lol. I don't eat it. I'll have to double check.
  • tvl0308
    Options
    No , just gluten in it self. No wheat, barley, oat , rye. What brand do you use that you have?
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise in general, as I know Miracle Whip has a specific taste.
  • free2bk
    free2bk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Has anyone found a miracle whip that is gluten free? They say Kraft is gluten free but doesn't say gluten free on the product. Scared to try it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Check out this site.

http://www.gfoverflow.com/

I use it all the time in the grocery store. They also have an app. You can look up mayonnaise or a name brand and it will list brands that are gluten free. ALWAYS remember to check the label too.

This is Kraft's gluten policy (from GF Overflow)

Kraft does not provide a list of gluten-free foods. The ingredient label for each Kraft product listed on GF Overflow was reviewed and found to meet the Kraft policy for Gluten-Free:

Kraft Labeling Policy:

"Kraft Foods products are labeled with very specific ingredient information to help you make accurate and informed choices. If a Kraft Foods product has an ingredient that is a source of gluten, the specific grain will be listed in the ingredient statement, even when present in small amounts.

"For labeling purposes, Kraft Foods products made with:

- "A gluten-containing grain as a direct ingredient will list the specific grain using commonly known terms such as 'wheat, barley, rye and/or oats.' For example: 'wheat flour.'

- "A source of gluten as a component of another ingredient such as flavors or modified food starch, will list the grain in parentheses after the ingredient in the ingredient line. For example, 'natural flavor (contains rye).'

"A small number of Kraft Foods products are labeled as 'gluten-free' according to the proposed definition by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These are: Crystal Light, Kool-Aid and Tang powdered soft drinks and some Back to Nature rice crackers. We take this claim seriously and for such products, we are assured there is no unintentional contact with gluten during every step of the agricultural growing, transportation and manufacturing process.

"You might notice that many additional Kraft Foods products may have ingredient statements that do not list a source of gluten, but without the extremely specialized procedures in place to diligently validate gluten purity, we do not label the finished product as gluten-free. In this way, we are very serious and thorough when labeling products as gluten-free."
    Info Sources:
    kraftfoods.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1969
    www.kraftrecipes.com/healthy-living-ideas/articles/food-allergies/gluten-free-foods.aspx

Phone: 1-877-535-5666
    Online: kraftfoods.custhelp.com/app/contact/sa/1
  • tvl0308
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great responses. This will help out a lot. :)