Mini Goal Challenge - Week of March 12th to 19th

Options
goldthistime
goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member

In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can
bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or
unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2- 3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• goldthistime
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I jumped in a little early to try out creating the thread. Of course, @IsMollyReallyHungry has made it super easy.

I'm still babying my back, so no exercise goals.

1) Twelve hours of housework this week - 0/12
    2) Eat at a deficit
    3) Eat adequate protein - 0/7

I don't log anymore, so my goal of eating at a deficit is for the week overall, and admittedly subjective, but will hopefully be measurable by a movement in the scales. I'm a firm believer in eating adquate calories when you are injured or sick to make sure you heal as quickly as possible, but I've already done that these last three days, I think I'm safe to go ahead and eat at a deficit now.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Awesome! thanks for getting us started. Sunday is not too early at all. Sunday is when it should be posted. Anytime on the weekend is super fine. Sunday is usually the day I try to get it up and Mondays is when I am running late.

Thanks again! :):)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting us started, @goldthistime! I feel like I always get off track on the weekends. Right now I'm REALLY frustrated with myself because I realized I never did my quiz last week, and so now I have a zero for it. :( Oh well, there's nothing to do about it at this point except suck it on and get things done in a more timely and organized fashion. But I'm not very good at letting go of things like this. When I'm absent-minded, it's REALLY hard to forgive myself. :(

I appreciate the encouragement about not getting the parts and the running! Yesterday I was able to do a full three miles! Took just under 35 minutes. I'm not sure if I want to focus on adding distance or increasing speed next. I think for right now, though, I'm just going to try to keep running that amount.

Daily:
    1. Eat only what has already been logged into MFP.
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for the day. Today: Plated 2
    3. Steps goal: 5-6k during school day, continue at gym on treadmill on available days to 11-12k. Run 30+ min @ 5.5. Walks on nice days.
    4. 2 sets body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec sphinx twist each side, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree each leg, 15 side leg lifts).
    5. Gym after school 2x/week, plus Saturday and Sunday. Flexibility and house-pacing on non-gym days. OR walking outside, now that the weather is getting nicer! Tues/Thurs/Fri are possibilities for gym, depending on dinner with B.
    6. Classwork for at LEAST one hour.
    7. Before dinner, take meds, prep next day’s breakfast and lunch. Daily Duolingo.
    8. Check in, teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 9:45 on school nights, 10:30 on holidays/weekends.

Non-daily:
    1. With husband, brainstorm meal ideas for next week on Friday. Double-check Plated meals and make changes if needed. Select recipes to make. Check ingredients and enter recipes if needed. Grocery shopping Saturday or Sunday.
    2. Kickboxing Monday. Zumba and yoga on Saturday. Ask on facebook to be sure Zumba is scheduled; check on Meetup for yoga. Strength classes at the gym are off until they get a new trainer. :(
    3. Create weekly assessments for the freshmen poetry unit. Week 11 drafted by Tuesday, finished by Thursday.
    4. Plan next visit with B. Check in with parents. Check in with siblings. Saturday afternoon/evening with in-laws.
    5. Week 4 discussion post and responses done Monday. Begin essay Tuesday; have part 1 done Wednesday. Check with B about reviewing - dinner Wednesday? Quiz on Thursday. Finish essay Friday and submit. Write Week 5 discussion post Saturday.
    6. Zumba and yoga Saturday morning (remember to check FB/Meetup/texts). Saturday afternoon/evening with in-laws. Wrinkle on Sunday?

Quote for this week:

Be gentle with yourself. Learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for we must have the right attitude toward ourselves before we can have the right attitude toward others. - Wilfred Peterson
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread, @goldthistime!
    Sorry you hurt your back, take it easy. So frustrating when we hurt ourselves trying to get stronger and healthier!

@clicketykeys Three miles in 35 min is fantastic!

@IsMollyReallyHungry How is your dad? I hope you do something nice for yourself this week.

I'm looking forward to the week and getting back into exercise. I really missed my yoga and TRX classes last week, which is a NSV in itself, missing exercising instead of looking for an excuse not to do it. I'm keeping all my goals the same.

"I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where’s the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose."
    -Steven Wright
  • cjsacto
    Options
    As of Monday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 1/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 0/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 1/7
    4) 2L water --- 0/7
    5) No added sugar --- 1/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 0/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 1/7

Went on a nice hike today, and a mellow yoga class. Just a tad over on calories.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    @clicketykeys I hope you applied your forgiveness quote (which I loved) to yourself. I’m the queen of absent mindedness. It’s a heavy crown. As to your distance or speed thought, I LOVED your thought of just staying the same for now. I’d hate for you to push too hard and get injured and you’ve made such great strides already.
    @ cjsacto Humour! I lol’d. I’m a Steven Wright fan. Good job on the yoga and hike.
    @IsMollyReallyHungry You’re the sweetest, (based on your delightful pm’s thanking and encouraging me despite the fact that the week I defined (12-19th) is actually 8 days long!)

My back has done a lot of recovering since Friday, tomorrow I’m going to try strength training at the gym with the machines (less risk than free weights). I’m looking forward to it.

1) Twelve hours of housework this week - 3/12
    2) Eat at a deficit 2/7
    3) Eat adequate protein - 2/7
  • cjsacto
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As of Tuesday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 2/3
    3) At least 60g protein --- 2/7
    4) 2L water --- 0/7
    5) No added sugar --- 2/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 1/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 2/7

Pushed too hard in my TRX class tonight, I was feeling dizzy and shaky by the end. I'll pace myself better next time.

@goldthistime That's great your back is better so quickly!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Guess what I learned yesterday - it's a LOT easier to run on the treadmill than it is outside. UGH. Even with decent weather, there was wind, traffic, uneven ground, and sunshine bright enough to make my eyes water. But if I'm going to do that 5k in April, I've got to keep at it.

Speaking of which, I need to see if they'll send me the race route so that I can walk it maybe this weekend.

@goldthistime, I think I'm going to need to work on adding speed to compensate for the additional difficulty BEFORE working on extending time. But just on the treadmill. I'm not going to worry about increasing either speed or distance while I'm outside. (Yet!)
  • cjsacto
    Options
    As of Wednesday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 3/3
    3) At least 60g protein --- 2/7
    4) 2L water --- 0/7
    5) No added sugar --- 3/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 2/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 3/7

My stupid cold or virus or whatever really knocked me back. I still just don't feel as strong as I did before.Not doing quite well enough with veggies or water.

@clicketykeys I've found that, too! I'm not running now, but I did C25K a few years ago and have run off and on. Treadmills are great exercise but running outside is just different. You'll do awesome at the 5k! I never did get to that part, an organized 5k.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hello Warriors!

Great job! I am going to try to join you all next week. I am up 5 pounds, Dad was in ICU for a week last week. Too long of a story. Doctors want him to have the rest of his toes on one foot amputated. He was so upset about this even though my Mom begged him to take care of his feet before she died and he just would not do it and we continued to ask him to also and he just did not believe what the doctors were telling him. So in August had one big toe removed and now the need to remove the rest of them. So sad and heartbreaking to see him in this weak and depressed state. I have missed 3 weeks of WW trying to get power of attorney's in order, do my taxes, Dad bills and taxes, etc. Trying not to get roo overwhelmed. Banks not want wanting to get up off the money etc etc. So I am stressed but determined to get back on track. Still checking on liver thing with me. Mammogram fine.

@cjsacto - feel better soon!

Keep up the good work Everyone!!
  • goldthistime
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry I’m very glad your mammogram came back ok. Hope the liver thing does too. I had something show up once myself and my doctor asked me to cut back on my drinking except that I rarely drink. Hasn’t shown up again since then, whatever it was. Hope yours is minor too. As to your dad, that’s heartbreaking. I’m so sorry he (and you) have to go through that. It takes a lot of strength to handle what you’ve been handling. Sorry that you’ve had to miss WW, hopefully you can focus more fully on your own health again soon.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    @clicketykeys The whole world loves to run outside...except me. I’m sure you’ll get used to it though. Go get’em!
    @cjsacto Sorry that virus wiped you out. Hope you continue to get back to normal soon. Hang in there.

As to me, my back is definitely better. I delayed one more day but did weights today at the gym. I used lower weights and only one set. Back to NROLFW tomorrow but will repeat an earlier week. Now if I could just get this metatarsalgia under control!

1) Twelve hours of housework - 6/12
    2) Eat at a deficit - 3/7 (no deficit yest, but still pretty good overall)
    3) Eat adequate protein - 4/7
  • goldthistime
    Options
    There is a sign at my gym that says "Living fit is easy. Living unfit is hard." I agree. But to expound upon that, when life is easy, it's easy to practice good habits that lead to fitness and wellbeing. When challenges show up, it's another story.

This week, for me, was easy. I ate well, I eased myself back into my strength training routines and I lost weight. I also had lots of free time and zero stress. It's easy when it's easy.

1) Twelve hours of housework - 11/12 (close!)
    2) Eat at a deficit -- lost weight so yes
    3) Eat adequate protein - 7/7
This discussion has been closed.