Mini-Goal Challenge - Week of March 18-25

Options
clicketykeys
clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focus on one week at a time, because sometimes the big picture can seem too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week! (That's why the dates include Sunday to Sunday.)

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. - Barack Obama

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys Thanks for getting us going! Great quote.

My first problem is identifying what changes I should make. My 84 year old dad just texted me, saying that he plans on spending most of the day outside today. It's sunny, but it's -8C right now, with a high of only 0C for an hour in the afternoon. I can't imagine spending most of the day outside. But he has inspired me to make more of an effort.

I'm also including fruits and veggies in my goals again, increasing my goal to 7 servings. I had upped my protein and lowered my carbs (including fruits and veggies) for a while. I think it made it easier to recomp, but I think it's time to flip back.

So my goals for this week are:

1) Ten minutes outside daily
    2) Seven servings of fruit or vegetables a week
    3) Exercise 6 days
    4) 12 hours of housework/week

Have a great week everyone!
  • goldthistime
    Options
    1) Ten minutes outside - 1/7
    2) Seven servings of fruit or vegetables - 1/7
    3) Exercise 6 days/week - 1/6
    4) 12 hours of housework/week - 11/12
  • goldthistime
    Options
    1) Ten minutes outside daily - 2/7
    2) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 2/7
    3) Exercise 6 days/week - 2/6
    4) 12 hours of housework/week - 2/12 (the entry for yesterday should have been "1" not "11")
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Tuesday already!

Last week I made it seven days with no added sugar and I exercised three times. Everything else was hit and miss.

1) Physical Activity 3x --- 1/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 0/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 2/7
    4) 2L water --- 0/7
    5) No added sugar --- 0/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 1/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 2/7
  • goldthistime
    Options
    As of end of day today, Wednesday:
    1) Ten minutes outside daily - 3/7
    2) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 3/7
    3) Exercise 6 days/week - 3/6
    4) 12 hours of housework/week - 2.5/12
  • cjsacto
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As of Wednesday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 1/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 1/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 2/7
    4) 2L water --- 0/7
    5) No added sugar --- 1/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 2/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 3/7

Thanks for kicking us off this week, @clicketykeys

@goldthistime Nice fruits and veggies goal. I almost always have two or three pieces of fruit in a day, veggies are harder.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hello Warriors!! Just stopping by. Good job checking in and thanks @clicketykeys for getting the thread started this week!

Thanks for all of the well wishes and notes to me, I did read them on the previous threads. I plan on going to a WW meeting tomorrow. Not my regular day. I may change to this meeting which is close to job since they changed leaders. I will try it for a few weeks at least until my life settles down some. I am taking things one day at a time. Have to get my tax and my Dad tax stuff together. Finally making headway on his finances and bills. I am seeing the light at least. My goal is to try to join you guys again sometime in April. The early part of April. But I am trying to manage my weight at least. If I can at least maintain during this most stressful time I will take it :)o:):o:#:'( So many emotions I have to laugh some days. It actually helps! Keep pushing and have a great week!! B)

BTW @goldthistime - I love hearing that your Dad is in his 80's and is taking brisk walks in the cold and can text too!! Awesome! Is he computer literate too? Cool beans.....I just got a tablet from my Dads which he could never use. He started taking classes with my Mom but when she had to stop he stopped and it was hers and he had a fit when I asked about it so I dropped it. I had my sister get it for me and still have not started using it. My Mom said the class was very hard for him. After she died in 2013 we found out how much she covered for his illiteracy. He took care of us well but there was so much he does not know that she hide which is fine but in a way left us with a mess that was so unexpected. Especially for my sister, I had some clues and I used to tell her this but I really did not know how TRUE my words were until last year when he got ill. :/
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hello Warriors! I know that I have been missing for a couple of months. I just can't get used to what should be a new routine. seems like I am being pulled in a lot of directions and still trying to find out how I can and want to spend my time. My plan is to change that starting next week.

clicketykeys thanks for getting things started this week. goldthistime and cjsacto- great job with your goals and with checking in. Molly you are doing great while dealing with your many stresses. taking care of parents and figuring things out is tough. but you are to be commended for that. hang in there and you can maintain.

Hopefully I will join in more and support you in the coming weeks. I will only have one or two goals which will relate to being more active. I am on a roll with eating and portion control ect. I seriously need to increase my steps and workouts.

Have a great rest of the week and keep working on your goals.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry , thanks for stopping by and updating us, been thinking about you. You've got so much on your shoulders right now, I hope you get through this ok. To answer your question, yes, my dad is computer literate, an incredible man in many regards, but like everyone, he has his flaws too, believe me. I hope things go well at the WW meeting tomorrow, but mostly, selfishly, I look forward to your return.

@forestrose910 Welcome back! Good for you for doing well with eating/portion control. Go get those steps!

@cjsacto Thanks for the shout out. I needed it at that moment.

@clicketykeys Hope you're having a good week.

As of end of day today, Thursday:
    1) Ten minutes outside daily - 4/7
    2) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 4/7
    3) Exercise 6 days/week - 3/6
    4) 12 hours of housework/week - 3/12

Not my most disciplined day, hoping to find a little more oomph tomorrow.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    As of end of day today, Friday:
    1) Ten minutes outside daily - 5/7
    2) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 5/7
    3) Exercise 6 days/week - 4/6
    4) 12 hours of housework/week - 4.5/12
  • cjsacto
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As of Friday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 3/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 2/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 4/7
    4) 2L water --- 1/7
    5) No added sugar --- 3/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 4/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 4/7

I hate it when I hurt myself exercising. I went to TRX yesterday, and one of the things I like about it is that it's low-impact. However, to mix things up the instructor had us jog & jump around the room. Jogging on the hard floor barefoot really jarred my bad ankle and now it hurts. Not that I can't walk on it or anything, in fact I took an hour walk today at work to see some new trails.

In better news, though, I hit 50 lbs lost today! That's from my highest ever, which I hit in both 2012 and 2015. Since I re-started MFP last August, I've lost 30 lbs. I'm six pounds from my goal weight (145). I may not be quite done at that point, just looking down I see more than six pounds in my trouble areas, lol. Anyway, loss is going slower, it's likely to take quite a while.

@IsMollyReallyHungry Nice to see you. I hope you like your new WW meeting. I'm sure the leader and the other people there make a difference in how enjoyable and motivating the meetings are. Good for you for doing both your taxes and your dad's! I'm impressed.

@forestrose910 Nice to see you also. I know what you mean, I usually find it easier to control portions than I do to get enough exercise, too. Easier being relative, of course!

@goldthistime It's awesome your dad is computer savvy. My mom is almost 77, very active, still works part-time, but she's kind of comically bad at all things computers. She's on Facebook but somehow she makes comments on people's posts that are intended for someone else. She has a tablet and she can do a few things on it. Her husband I think has never touched a computer.
  • goldthistime
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @cjsacto Congrats on hitting 50 lbs lost!!!

ETA: Sorry to hear your ankle was bad yesterday. I hope it improves today and keeps improving.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    As of day today, Sunday:

1) Ten minutes outside daily - 7/7
    2) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 6/7
    3) Exercise 6 days/week - 5/6
    4) 12 hours of housework/week - 11/12

Good week overall for me. Loving getting outside every day. Today was the only day I missed getting seven servings of f&v and I still got 4, so I'm happy. Yesterday was the day that I missed exercise because I was cleaning all day. Did so much cleaning the last two days that I almost hit my weekly target despite a slow start.
  • cjsacto
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As of Sunday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 3/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 4/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 6/7
    4) 2L water --- 2/7
    5) No added sugar --- 5/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 6/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 5/7

Not bad but I still don't have good habits with water. On work days I completely forget to drink. I have lots once I get home but it's hard to hit 2L.

Average daily calories: 1490

@goldthistime Thanks, my ankle is still sore but better. I'm not sure what to do if she has us do the same thing next class, I hate to be the complainer or sit out of an exercise but I'm at an age when I need to take care of my joints and I have an old injury to my ankle. This week I think everyone else was younger.
This discussion has been closed.