April 6 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    xz148mypm8b8.jpg
    Here is a graphic of desert wildlife in its natural state of being.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Ugh what to wear when it's snowing and I decided to put away my winter clothes.
    I truly don't understand people a coworker had gastric bypass. She still had more than I did for lunch and a donut. I am really glad I am not included in the lunch runs.
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I truly don't understand people a coworker had gastric bypass. She still had more than I did for lunch and a donut.

Because they think the bypass was the easy way out and it will do all the hard work for them. That's how one fails despite a bypass.

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    wj3oabpvkt38.jpg
    This is a magnificent photo of the Sonoran Desert Preserve in northern Phoenix.
    By the way, the backlit cactus is called Cholla, or jumping cactus. It does not really jump out to snag anyone, but it's barbs are shaped like fish hooks and each section is very fragile so anyone who lightly brushes against the cactus suddenly has a very unpleasant day.

I have had the very unpleasant experience of being attacked by a jumping cholla, when I lived in Mesa. Removing the spines was one of the most painful things ive experienced. It happened to my ankle on a dog walk and I’ve avoided them like the plague since! Beautiful to look at, mind!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Ugh what to wear when it's snowing and I decided to put away my winter clothes.
    I truly don't understand people a coworker had gastric bypass. She still had more than I did for lunch and a donut. I am really glad I am not included in the lunch runs.

I lunch with two cousins that have had bypass surgery. They eat, go to the restroom, come back to the table, eat more, go to the restroom, stand up a lot and often box their leftovers. When I didn’t know them very well, I couldn’t make out what was going on. It’s very distracting.

Sorry you’re still getting snow, that sucks!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    April 6, 2018

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Here is yesterday’s report
    Exercise: 44 minutes of cardio/strength with several new TRX exercise thrown in
    Calories: nice margin as I packed a simple meal to eat on the plane...almonds and cheeses sticks. The combination is very satisfying and easy to transport. No aroma to bother anyone.
    It’s quiet too.
    Tracking: good
    Back later this evening with today’s report
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL you take amazing photos . Is this what you do for a profession?

Checking in:
    Exercised? Yes. Lift and C25K
    Tracked ? Yes
    Calories ? Yes
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL awesome photos and info!
    3 x yes for me today
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    6-April
    Exercise: yes, I walked for >20 minutes
    Calories: yes, I’m under my goal
    Tracking: yes, everything
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    wj3oabpvkt38.jpg
    This is a magnificent photo of the Sonoran Desert Preserve in northern Phoenix.
    By the way, the backlit cactus is called Cholla, or jumping cactus. It does not really jump out to snag anyone, but it's barbs are shaped like fish hooks and each section is very fragile so anyone who lightly brushes against the cactus suddenly has a very unpleasant day.

This is a really beautiful photo:-)
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (95 min line dancing)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes (6 mile jog)
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 just barely
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Exercised: yep
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep

Thankful for a rest day tomorrow and yoga on Sunday. It was tough getting through the workouts this week! It’s so hard to be consistent guys...I’m literally craving a veggie pizza as I type this! Hopefully the work shows up on the scale this week! If not I’ll be ordering a food scale bc I feel like I’ve been stuck for a while.....have a great weekend!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Awesome willpower going to a buffet and still remaining under!!
    April 6th:
    Exercise - Yes, 27 minutes of walking/jogging in place while watching Big Bang Theory.
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes

I got frustrated today because, once again, no dinner plans had been made and we ended up going out. Hubby wanted Golden Corral. I was convinced I would go over and considered quitting this group because I didn't want to post two pass days in a row so early in the month. HOWEVER... I ended up loading up a plate with salad, and on a second plate I placed a small piece of meatloaf, a small serving of mashed potatoes with a spoonful of gravy, a roll, and some steamed carrots and green beans. Took one bite of the roll, wasn't that impressed, decided it wasn't worth the 180 or so calories and tossed it. But I ended up eating two overloaded plates of food for only 655 calories, and I left there feeling more than satisfied. And I am... under goal. With room left for a little wine tonight. BOOM!

Btw: I love how supportive everyone here is, and I'm trying to figure out where to jump into the conversation. You all seem to know each other, so it can be tough. But this is a group I feel I would really like to be more involved in.