Mini Goal Challenge - Week of March 26th to April 1

Options
goldthistime
goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• goldthistime
    Options
    “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
    – John C. Maxwell

That quote is too appropriate for this group for it not to have been posted here already. Apologies if it's been used recently. I just couldn't resist it.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    Next week my pregnant daughter and her 4 yr old son will be back home and it will be very difficult for me to make myself a priority. But this week should be another week where it's easy to meet my goals. Hope everyone else has an easy week too.

1) Ten minutes outside daily - 0/7
    2) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 0/7
    3) Exercise 6 days/week - 0/6
    4) 10 hours of housework/week - 0/10
    5) Floss daily - 0/7
    6) Eat at a deficit
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Goldthistime- thanks for getting us started. I hope you have a great week. I understand about your family coming and changing your routine and priorities. I do think you can try to pick one or two goals for that week to take dare of yourself.

My goals
    1. Steps average 5000 for the week
    2. Exercise 2 times

I know my goals are low but I have to start somewhere. Good luck ladies. We can do this.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @goldthistime - I suppose it depends how you define "easy"! I had my final evaluation for the year last week and I got my scores back and I nailed it! Not perfect, but good enough that I feel like my job is probably not in jeopardy, at least. So that's been one less thing I've been worried about this week.

Additionally, I finished up the first class for my masters degree last week and I have this week and next week off! Super excited about that. But of course, you know me, I'm not the relax-and-chill sort, so I'm working every day through Friday after school at the garden as various characters in "fairyland." This week on different days I'm rotating between the Castle Guard, the Faun, and Queen Guinevere. So I probably won't be going to the gym AT ALL, because on Saturday when I finally have time I'm going to want to take a LITTLE bit of a break before I'm on shift again starting on Sunday.

Aaaaand TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! I'm so excited. My department is already spoiling me. I got a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit brought to me and they made coffee for me and so far I have several bottles of diet root beer and bags of sour patch kids which are my favorite candy :D

And a student gave me a donut and also I had a mini apple pie. Sooo yeah. Definitely going to be over on calories today.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    Happy Birthday @clicketykeys! You deserve to be spoiled!

Welcome back @forestrose910! Those look like excellent goals.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    As at end of day yesterday, Monday:
    1) Ten minutes outside daily - 1/7
    2) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 0/7
    3) Exercise 6 days/week - 1/6
    4) 10 hours of housework/week - 1/10
    5) Floss daily - 1/7
    6) Eat at a deficit - yes

I didn’t meet my f&v goal yesterday because I was concentrating on eating at a deficit. I seem to need fats or starchy carbs or both to accompany my vegetables so that they’re easy on my stomach, and there just wasn’t enough room calorie-wise.
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Happy Birthday Clicketykeys! I know it is a day late but hopefully you are stretching out the celebrations. so glad your evaluations went well. you can enjoy treats and go back to your goals the next day.

goldthistime- good job with your goals so far. I understand about the f&V and trying to also work on calories. sometimes it is just a giant balancing act. but keep at it.

Molly- hang in there. we are thinking of you. take care.

My goals- end of Tuesday
    1. Steps average 5000 for the week- so far two day average is:5215.
    2. Exercise 2 times- 0/2

Keep at it ladies. we can do this.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    @forestrose910 Nice work on those steps!

As at end of day today, Wednesday:
    1) Ten minutes outside daily - 3/7
    2) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 1/7
    3) Exercise 6 days/week - 3/6
    4) 10 hours of housework/week - 3.5/10
    5) Floss daily - 2/7
    6) Eat at a deficit - yes
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not playing by the rules this week. I'm kinda stressed about work and it's TOM and I'm just skating by. I AM logging everything, though. I had some sugar 3 days, ate after 8 pm a couple of times (which I've had so locked in I didn't even make it a daily goal), haven't come close to 2L of water, and have gone over on calories. I will be back strong next week. I'm not totally off the rails, I'm just doing what I feel like, within reason.

Belated happy birthday @clicketykeys!
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Well I clearly dropped off this week. But it is a start and I am ready to start a new week. I did not meet my goals but did have 3 days of steps over 5000 and one day close. The other 2 days were low. Let's see how today goes.

Goldthistime- good start to your week. Every successful day counts.
    Clicketykeys- hope you had some time this week for yourself and fun with the characters.
    Cjsacto- hope you get back on track. I too had a bit of sugar the last two days. Next week will be better for you.
    Molly- keep logging and know that we think of you and hope you are doing okay.

Let's just keep moving forward ladies. Have a great day!
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    As of Sunday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 2/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 4/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 7/7
    4) 2L water --- 1/7
    5) No added sugar --- 3/7
    6) Eat under 1500 calories --- 2/7
    7) Multivitamin & fish oil supplements --- 4/7

I didn't stick to the plan, as I said earlier this week. Still thought I'd do a wrap up. It's easy to get the minimum protein if I'm eating more calories. Everything else needs more conscious effort.

@forestrose910 You are doing great with the steps.

@goldthistime I don't think I've mentioned what an awesome goal your 10 min outside is. I work at a park but I don't always manage that, no excuse.

@clicketykeys Hope you had a fun week working at fairyland!

@IsMollyReallyHungry Thinking of you.
This discussion has been closed.