Forgein to my ears...and yous?

Options
I've heard some things recently that sounded so foreign to me that the words almost sounded like another language....or they were so out of the norm that I was convinced the words were meant for someone else.

Some times they are things I'm just not used to hearing. For example, I was in Sturgis, SD a few days ago (right before the festival) and Harley riders were complementing my dress and how nice I looked.

Other things said to me that make me pause are not intended to be offensive, but I find them unnerving. For example, I found a coat that was 50% off, but one size was a wee bit too big, and the smaller size felt snug in the arms. I hesitate to buy clothes that are too small to wear right away, but it is a winter coat so I know I don't want to buy one that is currently too big. My friend I was shopping with asked how much weight I needed to loose to be comfortable in the coat. I figured 15 pounds or so. And her response (this is the part I found unnerving) was "that's it? That is nothing for you. You can take that off easy." I think it was meant as a complement. I think.

Anyone else hear weird things?

Replies

• jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    Options
    A few years ago a friend said losing 10-15 pounds was an easy thing to do. As I have struggled for the last few years, she now admits that it really is not that easy. Losing weight is hard work, any way you look at it and the older you get, the harder it is. I have found for me, that I am most successful if I am consistent and committed. Much easier said than done, unfortunately.