Hi all...new to the group!

Options
Hi Everyone....So I've been on the struggle bus, like not a little, but a LOT! I'm in the pre-op stage and with my insurance I was required to attend 12 classes which are complete. I've done all my labs and am good to go on that front. However, instead of losing weight during this whole process, I have gained :( I met with my doctor to be referred for surgery and basically was told that it's postponed for a month because I need to get some weight off. I'm normally so good at getting my head in the game, but been really struggling! I've taken on the attitude to eat all the things, because I won't be able to after surgery! So now, I'm so mad at myself for letting myself go so much, like I didn't already have a huge amount to lose :(....here are my current stats:

5'7"
HW - 325
CW - 285
GW - 175

Would love to know if any of you struggled with this and what you did to stay on top of it!

Replies

• JG5197148
    JG5197148 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am pre-op too, about 7-9 months out been in my program about a year now prepping for surgery. What I have found helpful on my journey is the meal prep, under scheduling myself bc home is my safe space-no temptations, being kind to myself (stop judging), and meditation has helped so much to ease my anxiety and stress eating triggers. Add me if you like we can support eachother.