Name change to Building Better Habits!

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
Hi Everyone,

You might have noticed that I changed the name of our group from the Challenge A Day group to Building Healthy Habits. Since I took over as group moderator almost a year ago, I’ve been bothered by the name. And I finally decided to listen to my gut and just change it. I did this for several reasons.

For one, we no longer have a Challenge a Day. We have a weekly challenge. And yes, while it could be said that we work on this weekly challenge every day, I still didn’t think the old name worked anymore. Names are important. I want prospective new members to get an instant picture of what we are all about. Building healthy habits is the overarching goal of this group. I wanted to call it simply “Healthy Habits” but that name was already taken by another group. So was, “Creating Healthy Habits”. So I chose, “Building Healthy Habits”. Finally...a name that wasn’t taken!

I also was persuaded that a name change was in order by a very prominent blogger on MFP. She told me that “Challenge” is kind of off putting to her because it suggests that we are competing against each other. That may be true for other challenges on MFP, but for this group, nothing could be further from the truth. The real challenge is that changing our old unhealthy habits and building better habits isn’t easy and it’s a long term process.

Finally, I wanted to make the name change now, before we have an influx of new members for May’s Sit Less Boot Camp. I expect we will have several hundred new folks joining us for Boot Camp which starts May 1st. I’m hoping that some/many of them stay with us after Boot Camp is over. Fortunately, Spring Declutterfest starts in a few days so our virtual place will look really tidy. :)

So that’s the “why” behind the name change. Everything else stays the same. Move It Monday. Weekly challenges that help us create new healthy habits. And friendly, wise, supportive and encouraging group members who make the habit building process much easier!

Have a great weekend!

—Denise

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - definitely more descriptive of the group.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know. I like it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I just noticed this today! I think it was very insightful of you. It really does encompass what this group is about. I love it. Thanks for the heads up. :smile:
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m new to this group. Thank you for letting me know about it Denise! I look forward to learning and sharing. :)
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Cindy781 !! This is a wonderful group!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Good change. Very appropriate.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Every time I log int this group and see the name change it makes me smile! I really, really, like the name change:Building Healthy Habits. It helps me get into the mindset of what this group truly is all about. And the name reminds me how important it is that our habits actually be healthy.

Great idea to change the name... and what a good name to choose!

:flowerforyou: