Displaying your medals

Options
polskagirl01
polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
Ok, I know a lot of you keep your race medals in a shoebox somewhere, and I know people who have even thrown medals away...

BUT for those of you who do enjoy them and display them, how do you do it? There are some cool hangers online, but I'm sure you have other ideas, too. My cheapo-DIY-hanger thingy next to my desk needs upgraded. And YES, consider this an opportunity for y'all to show off your collections ;)

Replies

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Following... Right now mine are just piled haphazardly on a shelf my kids can't reach.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the shoebox method of storing, but that's only because I haven't got medal rack. And now I'm off to dig them all out of the box so I can admire them and take a picture.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    My husband bought a couple of cheap racks at a discount store - maybe intended for ties? They have about 6 pegs. He put them in the basement in front of the treadmill to help with motivation.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Fair disclosure: Before I got the rack in the prior post, my medals were stored in heap in the hutch, and some hanging off the hutch handles, just not very pretty. I waited until I found a rack with lots of pegs that I really liked before I spent money to have an attractive solution. And it turned out to be even more money than the cost of the rack; turned out I had to FedEx it home because it didn't fit in my luggage.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've just been digging into my medal box and I've got a lot more of them than I thought I had. Some of them are participation medals (turkey trots, half marathons), and the rest are age-group wins, plus today's silver medal for being the second female finisher. I earned these, I really should display them.

The sharp-eyed among you will have spotted the BAA medal in there. It's for the 2010 5k, definitely not for the marathon.

2mkp90c6rprg.jpg
  • pinelakecutie
    pinelakecutie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have one similar to @midwesterner85’s except mine is grey and personalized with my name and “You are stronger than you think.” There are two hooks on the left side for me to hang my bibs. (Sorry, no pic
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Here's mine. We're planning to make it the center of a picture wall there. My wife and I both put our medals on it.
    lfynhkdlp2f9.jpg
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn I need a love button for your hanger. I bet I could make something like that if I got my husband to make stencils for me...
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I kept meaning to come back and update this with the hanger I ordered. As you can see, there is a LOT of room for me to grow my collection! It also came with rubber band thingies that you can use to adjust the heights of the medals, but I haven't gotten around to arranging things any better than this.
    6v19mka5uvn3.jpg
    And I'm not fast, either. Only three of those medals are for AG placement when no one faster showed up, and the rest are just for crossing the finish line ;)
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My husband makes medal racks :)
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    z1hqr04wxs9u.jpeg
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    A majority of my medals I donate to Medals4Mettle.

But I’ve kept these as I work through 50 states.

klbbal3xfo91.jpeg
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @KeepRunningFatboy I'm thinking about starting the 50 states and I'm curious where you got that rack?
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    My daughter showed me a website called etsy? Its where people make crafts. I bought it off there.