Mini Goal Challenge - Week of April 9th to 15th

Options
goldthistime
goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• goldthistime
    Options
    Hi everyone. Looks like you all had a pretty good week last week. It's been madness around here since my daughter's return. I exercised just once in the last while (10ish days?) and ate at a deficit just one day. My goals basically went out the window. I still have more celebratory occasions this week, so I still might not meet all my goals, but I should have a better chance now.

I'm adding the journaling goal because I know that it is the most helpful thing I can do for myself to stay focused.

1) Journal at least 2x/day
    2) Ten minutes outside daily
    3) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily
    4) Exercise 6 days/week
    5) 7 hours of housework/week
    6) Floss daily

Have a great week!
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Goldthistime - thanks for getting us going this week. Also thanks for all of you encouragement. Looks like you have a few roadblocks but are making some great goals to keep you moving in the right direction.

My week last week was disappointing in the way of steps and exercise. I simply have to do a better job this week. My goals will remain the same until I can go beyond them.

Have a great week everyone.
    Week of 4/9-4/15
    1. average 5,000 steps- 0/7 (average is )
    2. workout 2 times- 0/2
    3. stay within calories and fat grams goals 0/7
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hello Warriors!

Thanks for keep us going Goldthistime!! and welcome back Paulette!! I hope I can join you all this week. Seems like a lifetime so much has happened. I finally quit WW Saturday after missing class since February 26th. I could not continue to waste money. I am thankfully not up much and maintaining weight loss. Went back to officially journal-ling here today. So far in the red but I should float in green after a few steps. Going to keep calories at 1400 for now to make sure deficit is enough to lose even if I go over.

Thanks for being so consistent my friends! I can always depend on all of my MFP pals --- MAUH!! My life is settling down somewhat. If I can get my Dad's taxes out the way that would be grand but too much to get done so far. :( But I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel for sure.

Have a great week!! <3:)o:)

• cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    As of Monday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 1/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 0/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 1/7
    4) 2L water --- 0/7
    5) Eat under 1500 calories --- 0/7

Hi all. Had only light exercise today, including a leisurely walk and a wonderfully relaxing restorative yoga class. I overate today for sure, today's my "Saturday" and I didn't follow any kind of routine.

In addition to goals above, this week I need to do my week's meal prep, my taxes, color my hair, make a hotel reservation for my niece's June wedding, and practice wall sits.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

**Goals week of 04/09/18:**

1) 7000 steps – 0/3
    2) 25 min aerobic exercises – 0/4
    3) Calories in the green – 0/6

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png
  • goldthistime
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Welcome back! I hope we can be your support group -- and we don't charge the way WW does :wink:
    @forestrose910 I'm with you on keeping the goals the same until you accomplish them. Actually, my preferred approach is to make my goals match my circumstances. Now that I think of it, I should have eased up even further this week. It's hard on my ego to fail.
    @cjsacto You deserve a relaxed day every once in a while. I subscribe to the whole "refeed" thing wholeheartedly.

My day was not my own yesterday and I didn't meet a single goal on my list. Sure, if I'd applied a little more willpower it's feasible that I could have met my goals anyway (I came close on a few). But I guess it's easier for me to just try to minimize the damage till I have more ME time again. Today will have some challenges still but I'm hoping things get easier again the rest of the week.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Feeling really frazzled. Lots going on, as usual. I have a 5k on Saturday that I don't know if I'm going to do. Not feeling very confident about the organization; I posted at least a week ago asking for a map of the course or even just directions so that I could check to see how hilly it is - I'm a little worried about that based on the area they're talking about. And they haven't gotten back to me.

Gotta run! Time to teach :D
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hello Warriors!

This is my back on track plan.....
    1.)checking in with you guys most days 2) daily weigh ins 3.) logging every bite.

This helps me during stressful times.

Have a great day!!

1) 7000 steps – 1/3
    2) 25 min walking and/or walking – 1/4
    3) Calories in the green – 1/6

Mon: yes yes yes
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Welcome back! I hope we can be your support group -- and we don't charge the way WW does :wink:

My day was not my own yesterday and I didn't meet a single goal on my list. Sure, if I'd applied a little more willpower it's feasible that I could have met my goals anyway (I came close on a few). But I guess it's easier for me to just try to minimize the damage till I have more ME time again. Today will have some challenges still but I'm hoping things get easier again the rest of the week.
    Thanks and that is a good plan to try to minimize the damage until you can focus 80 to 100 percent. Remember the goal is not perfection but consistency.

I was happy to say my visit with my PCP this morning was good. I lost 0.8 pounds so I still have not gained any weight since May with her. I was sure I had gained. But since I stopped WW I am going back in 5 weeks -- already made appointment for May. Goal is to lose 10 pounds by then and to be in the next decade also for sure. I feel confident I can do that with all of stress going on right now. My sister reminded me earlier today it has only been 2 months!! I was like wow, it feels like more for sure.

• forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Molly- So happy to see you here. You are such a great support. Good news about your PCP. I understand the feeling of it only being 2 months. it is definitely stressful and takes over your life. but you have done well and I know will continue to do so. Smart goals and great start.

goldthistime- You have been disrupted from your routine and are dealing with it as best as you can. keep going strong and minimize in the areas that you can. I hope you can get some ME time soon.

clicketykeys- I think I would be worried about the 5K under similar circumstances. Hope you can get more information. Do what you feel is best for you. no sense getting hurt because the conditions are not favorable.

cjsacto-good goals and good start to your week. as far as your relaxed day, we all need that at times. You certainly have a lot of tasks to take care of this week. your meal prep should help give you time for other things. besides taxes, I think making the hotel reservation for the June wedding might be a priority. Good luck with it all.

Week of 4/9-4/15- as of Tuesday
    1. average 5,000 steps- 0/7 (average is )
    2. workout 2 times- 0/2
    3. stay within calories and fat grams goals 2/7

My steps have declined since last week. I don't fee like I am walking less but the pedometer shows it. I must try to get that up. it is depressing. today should be better.

Happy Wednesday all. keep going strong.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouraging words Everyone and from 2 weeks ago also!

@cjsacto - Congrats on 50 pound milestone!! Awesome job! Hate I missed it....Keep up the good work my friend!! :):)

btw - I just got my Dad's taxes together....I did not do them. He will need an extension.

Have a great day!!

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Hello Warriors!

1) 7000 steps – 2/3
    2) 25 min walking and/or walking – 2/4
    3) Calories in the green – 1/6

Tue: yes yes no
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• goldthistime
    Options
    @forestrose910 Do you mind me asking what your challenges are in relations to steps and or exercise? Energy level? Time?
    @clicketykeys Let us know how you make out. Obviously we don't want you to get hurt, but I've really enjoyed the handful of runs that I did way back when. I'd love to hear that you ran it and found it absolutely exhilarating.
    @IsMollyReallyHungry It's amazing that you have not gained any weight. Really incredible. You've got to be proud of yourself. Sorry to hear the tax burden carries on.

As to me, I've been fighting some kind of low level stomach flu. I can't tolerate fruits or vegetables or any "scrapey" foods. I can't exercise. Just waiting it out. I'm still having enjoyable days, just going backwards fitness wise. Oh well. I'm going to consider all of this to be the pause that refreshes. But unlike Molly, I've gained 5lbs in the last two weeks. Sure, some of it is likely to be water, but not all of it. Thanks for your supportive words Molly and Rose.

For the last 3 days including today, Wednesday:
    1) Journal at least 2x/day - 2/3
    2) Ten minutes outside daily - 0/3
    3) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 1/3
    4) Exercise 6 days/week - 0/3
    5) 7 hours of housework/week - 2/7
    6) Floss daily - 2/7
  • cjsacto
    Options
    As of Wednesday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 3/3
    3) At least 60g protein --- 3/7
    4) 2L water --- 1/7

Holy cannoli, I went to a tough "boot camp" style exercise class today and I felt like it was day one exercising. The room was hot and it wasn't what I was expecting, more of a pilates style than what I thought boot camp was. I really floundered. I am not sore after TRX any more and I did pretty well at ropes last week so I thought I was ready for another new one. Nope. :sweat:

Still eating too much, that's what comes of having snacks with no scale repercussions a few times... I start giving myself permission to have more and more. I am thinking about increasing my daily calories by 100 because I'm close to my goal (theoretically) and I'm exercising more than I used to, but I'm eating more than that.

Glad everyone is here this week!

@goldthistime I hope you feel better. Sounds like you've had a lot going on, too, so it's got to be rough to be sick. Hate it when my weight fluctuates up, too, but this is a long game.

@clicketykeys Curious about the 5K, too! Good luck if you run it, but I can understand your hesitation if you can't get your questions answered so you know what to expect.

@forestrose910 I wanted to say how awesome it was last week that you met your calories/fat goal EVERY day, and you are doing great with it this week, too!

@IsMollyReallyHungry So glad your dr appt went well. And you maintained through some stressful stuff, that's so admirable. And you've already made your next appt to help you stay on track, that's great. Thanks so much for the kind words.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Awesome job Everyone! Keep up the good work!

1) 7000 steps – 3/3
    2) 25 min walking and/or walking – 3/4
    3) Calories in the green – 2/6

Wed: yes yes yes
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• cjsacto
    Options
    As of Thursday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 3/3
    3) At least 60g protein --- 3/7
    4) 2L water --- 1/7

I've been having a little sugar every day lately (a lot some days) and I feel bloated and I'm having lots of snack cravings. Maybe it's not cause/effect but it's not helping.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in quickly.

Thanks for the support on the 5k. I'm also hesitant because it'll be my first one since like high school. (Note - I turned 40 a few weeks ago!) Plus, I've been working double shifts every day this week AND trying to get up extra-early to get in my exercise. And the second class for my masters program has started and I have two essays due on Sunday. So the timing isn't great, to say the least. ;)

I took a day off (from exercise) yesterday and slept all the way through to the "late" alarm and I noticed that this morning it wasn't NEARLY so hard to get my run in. That was interesting!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Happy Friday!!

1) 7000 steps – 3/3
    2) 25 min walking and/or walking – 3/4
    3) Calories in the green – 2/6

Wed: yes yes yes
    Thu: no on all - almost on # 2 - 23 min :smile: - today is a new day ;)
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• goldthistime
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Great job on those steps!
    @cjsacto I think you're sore not because you weren't "ready" for new exercise, but because you are finding new ways to push yourself. Kudos.
    @clicketykeys I'm probably typing this too late for you to read it ahead of the scheduled 5k tomorrow, but let me say that if you've chosen not to run it, I commend you. I've gotten injured trying to progress in various sports/exercises more times than I can count. If I had to guess, I'd say it's been in excess of 50 times. It's hard to be cautious, even when I tell myself that my injury history tells me I'm stupid NOT to be cautious.

As to me, still digestive issues, and still stepping backwards in my weight and fitness goals. But rather than disappearing when things are going badly, as I have done so often in the past, I'm going to report in.

For the last 3 days including today, Friday:
    1) Journal at least 2x/day - 3/5
    2) Ten minutes outside daily - 1/5
    3) Seven servings of fruits/veggies daily - 1/5
    4) Exercise 6 days/week - 0/5
    5) 7 hours of housework/week - 3.5/7
    6) Floss daily - 3/5

Two days left in the week. Hoping they are healthy ones for me, and for everyone else.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    I ended up not going to the 5k. I'm pretty sure I *could* have done it, but I think I would have been walking a lot more than I'd've been happy about. But that meant I *did* get to go to my yoga class, and the rest of the day wasn't quite as harried - got our grocery shopping in, and I completed my requirements for this week in my class.
This discussion has been closed.