MFP steps imported from Health app

Options
dalynnrmc
dalynnrmc Posts: 29 Member
Hi!
I had a Fitbit but it’s currently lost; I still use the site and app though and am having an issue.

The “Health” app on my iPhone logs my steps (yay!) even when the app isn’t open. I connected that app to MFP and the steps transfer beautifully.

I also have MFP connected to Fitbit and while the meals transfer fine (I’m inputting them directly to MFP), the steps don’t translate (from Health,) through MFP to the Fitbit app.

I don’t see that Fitbit connects to Health app directly.

Does anyone know of a work around or solution?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Steps don't go to Fitbit from MFP. Only other way around.
    MFP only brings them in for display and logging.

Fitbit app has the ability like the iPhone to register steps, attempt to figure out distance gone, and estimate daily calorie burn from that and other things.

Not sure if so integrated on iPhone it just uses the iPhone chipset info (steps and distance) - or if that must be turned off.

But check in Fitbit app for that option - several people have stated using it for steps prior to getting the device.
  • dalynnrmc
    dalynnrmc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I’d discovered previously that the Fitbit app will count steps from my phone but I have to physically tell it to do so. The apple health app does it even when the app is closed.

Thanks.