Mini Goal Challenge - Week of April 15 to 22

Options
clicketykeys
clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your "short term goals"
Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.

2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.

3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • goldthistime
    Options
    @clicketykeys Thanks for getting us going, and your decision not to run sounds like the right one. "Less harried" sounds brilliant.

I walked backwards away from my goals last week, and I'm concerned that this week is going to be challenging too. My plan is to reduce my goals down to something achievable this week. I'll pop them back up again when things ease up, which could be as early as next week.

1) Journal at least 2x/day
    2) A few minutes outside daily
    3) Four servings of fruits/veggies daily
    4) Exercise 3 days/week
    5) 5 hours of housework/week
    6) Floss daily
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    clicketykeys- thanks for starting up this week's group. Have a good week.

goldthistime- good goals and smart to back off the goals that will not be possible due to your busy week. the goals you picked are great and will serve you well.

Goldthistime- You asked last week what my challenges were with regards to exercise and steps. Well sometimes it is time, but mostly it is energy and motivation. I just can't seem to get into a routine that will allow me to up my activity. Perhaps it is my age, but not an excuse. I will keep trying.

My goals this week
    1. workout 2 times
    2. steps average over 5,000 daily

I am not putting the food goal on any more as this has been going well and I do not anticipate any changes in it. I do have occasional foods that are higher in fat and calories but I have been working them in and measuring and weighing things.

I hope everyone has a great week. We can do this.

• clicketykeys
    Options
    Hi everyone! This week I have two MAIN goals:

1. Get ready for prom on Saturday!
    2. Try out the kickboxing gym that offered me a free week.

Because of prom, #2 MAY mean forgoing my Saturday yoga class; I don't think I have time to do yoga (9:45-10:45), then go to the gym, then get up to my hair appointment by 1:00. I *might* be able to make it, but I'd be rushing around after the gym to get a shower and get there.

Next week I have a dentist appointment and the writing group I haven't been to in months and I'm ushering at the theater next Friday. And then the week after that I'm chaperoning the senior trip and the week after THAT is auditions for the summer show that I really really REEEEALLY want to do. And applications are being taken for the park that I worked in the last two summers but I'm a little worried because I didn't get an invitation to come back this year and last year I did so I'm not sure what that means.

So I'm going to enjoy my slightly-less-harried week this week!
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Hello All- Happy Wednesday!! Still plenty of time to check in and to make some progress on our goals. Remember, progress not perfection.

Clicketykeys- I so hope that you are able to do the things that you want for the summers. smart plan for your week. I hope that your week is less harried.

My goals this week - as of Tuesday
    1. workout 2 times

It is not saying much but my average steps is over 4200 which is up from last week's dismal 3800 and just under my more recent 4600. I will still keep trying.

Have a great day!
  • goldthistime
    Options
    @forestrose910 It's really delightful to have you back :smile:. My steps are often around 4k or 5k myself. I've got foot problems, so I have purposely dropped back but now that I've been here for a while it seems normal. Especially days where I'm standing a lot but not really walking. Do you stand much?
    @clicketykeys Prom? What does "getting ready" entail? A dress? Updo? Is ushering a job or a volunteer position? Just such an interesting sideline.

I'm mostly just waving hello. Monday and Tuesday were basically maintenance days, which is an improvement over all the backwards days in the last two weeks. I stepped backwards again today though. I think I will meet my goals for the week as written, but it will still be a week of damage control rather than making progress. The good news is that today we found a great daycare for my grandson. He won't start for a little while but I am another step closer to having some me time again in the future.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    As of Wednesday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 2/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 0/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 2/7
    4) 2L water --- 0/7
    5) Eat under 1500 calories --- 1/7

I just straight up want to eat more. Snack cravings have been strong, eating more than I should. So far weight is holding steady, back down a little after being totally bloated last week from my little Kombucha experiment. Kombucha is not for me.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hello Warriors!

@clicketykeys - Thanks for getting us started!

@cjsacto - maintaining means you are still doing something right. Being mindful of your cravings is good. Keep busy and find a healthy low low calorie snack that satisfy you also. My go to satisfy snacks are protein based. Almonds, boiled eggs, string cheese, etc. non-protein is apples, berries, fruits in general. I wish I could do the veggies...just not there yet. I may have missed it, what is Kombucha?

I am going to jump in mid week....better late than never. I see great goals this week.....Have a great week and keep up the good work!

**Goals week of Wed 04/18/18:**

1) 7000 steps – 1/3
    2) 25 min aerobic exercises – 1/3
    3) Calories in the green – 1/4

Wed: yes yes yes
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello All- Happy Wednesday!! Still plenty of time to check in and to make some progress on our goals. Remember, progress not perfection.

Clicketykeys- I so hope that you are able to do the things that you want for the summers. smart plan for your week. I hope that your week is less harried.

My goals this week - as of Tuesday
    1. workout 2 times

It is not saying much but my average steps is over 4200 which is up from last week's dismal 3800 and just under my more recent 4600. I will still keep trying.

Have a great day!
    I hear you on keeping steps within your range or attainable. I tried going over 7000 and found it bother my knees and even now on the days I have to go over 7000 because my errands or life dictates it, my knees cry out or I feel it in my knees. I don't want my step goal too low but not too high either.. so 7000 works for me. My actual average is 5111 which is about right. I do 7000 about 3 to 4 times a week and if I have a really good week 5 times. On Saturday and Sunday my goal is to do 10,000 steps total. Ideally 5k and 5k.
  • goldthistime
    Options
    @cjsacto - You have lost so much weight that if it were me I would consider just holding steady as a big win. Kombucha is not for me either.
    @IsMollyReallyHungry Glad you're here. I'm so with you on keeping your goals attainable. Oh, and you asked CJ not me but, Kombucha is a probiotic fermented drink.

I came back to actually update my status for my goals. I see this morning that I'd forgotten to journal yesterday. Might have made a difference.

1) Journal at least 2x/day - 2/3
    2) A few minutes outside daily - 3/3
    3) Four servings of fruits/veggies daily - 3/3
    4) Exercise 3 days/week - 2/3
    5) 5 hours of housework/week - 2/5
    6) Floss daily 2/3

Thought I'd share a couple photos from yesterday. The kitchen is this morning, after my daughters' version of cleaning up, and the stairs are the work of my grandson (ok, and me). Fun, yes. Zen, no. ebvbnuc2tqcx.jpg2kqf48t3rl64.jpg

• forestrose910
    Options
    Have a good Thursday Everyone! Glad we are all a bit more active this week. it does make a difference. Thanks Everyone.

goldthistime- too funny about the pictures. thanks for sharing. LOL. you are doing very well with your goals this week. I agree about journaling really does keep us honest and on track. thanks for your support with my steps. Your kind words are special to me. I do not do a lot of standing. I too have foot problems, hip problems and knee problems. sounds worse than it really is but it does hinder.

Goldthistime- hope that the daycare works out soon and that you can begin to have a new normal and some time for yourself. seems like your house is a fun place to be.

Molly- There is not a rule about joining in. we are always happy whenever you can do it. You picked wise goals. Great start also. Keep it going. thanks for sharing your thoughts and goals and step goals. You have a good way of taking care of your steps and the goal. I will get there sometime.

cjsacto- good job with your activity goal and your protein goal. keep trying with the rest of them. I do think there are times when we are just a bit hungrier than other times. my only suggestion would be to find some things that are more healthy than not if going over and snacking. Great that the weight is holding steady.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Hi everyone! Things are going pretty well this week. I didn't do my run this morning because I forgot to turn my alarm back on; I turned it off yesterday because I woke up ahead of it and didn't want it to bother the husband. So I'm making sure to get plenty of steps in at school.

I see some awesome goals on here! Way to go, everyone!
  • goldthistime
    Options
    Last 2 days were good thankfully. Hope everyone else is doing well :flowerforyou:

1) Journal at least 2x/day - 4/5
    2) A few minutes outside daily - 5/5
    3) Four servings of fruits/veggies daily - 5/5
    4) Exercise 3 days/week - 2/3
    5) 5 hours of housework/week - 4/5
    6) Floss daily 4/5
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Happy Weekend!!

not a lot of time.

@goldthistime - love love the pictures!! lol I needed a good pick me up today. So precious. Enjoy these times with your family :smile:

Have a good weekend everyone and keep up the good work!!

BTW - The thread is up for next week. I will post some inspiring quotes tomorrow but if you know your goals feel free to post anytime...xoxox

1) 7000 steps – 2/3
    2) 25 min aerobic exercises – 3/3

Thu: yes yes no
    Fri: no yes no
    Sat:
    Sun:

887823.png

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

1) 7000 steps – 3/3
    2) 25 min aerobic exercises – 3/3

Thu: yes yes no
    Fri: no yes no
    Sat: yes no no
    Sun:

887823.png

• forestrose910
    Options
    Molly- see you on the next thread but had to comment on a great job with your goals last week.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    As of Sunday:
    1) Physical Activity 3x --- 2/3
    2) 3 servings of veggies --- 3/7
    3) At least 60g protein --- 7/7
    4) 2L water --- 0/7
    5) Eat under 1500 calories --- 1/7

Wanted to wrap up the week.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry