"Hello Darlin'" (Intros) 2pts

mrsjhardin
mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
Introduce yourself to earn a point.
Please include your favorite song, music genre, artist, or if you play an instrument/sing. In other words share a little bit of music background with us.

Replies

• MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Hi! I listen to a lot of different kinds of music and love songs that are catchy and make me want to move. Lately it's been a lot 90s music, guess that means I'm finally getting old :smiley:
  • mrsjhardin
    Hi @MsArriabella Thanks for joining us! I'm pretty much the same way. I love anything I can sing along to and enjoy.
  • stephaniejones1055
    stephaniejones1055 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi my name is Stephanie. I have 2 kids 6 and 4. And I think they will really like me being in this group. My daughter loves dancing. I like to listen to Jason Mraz I don’t really know what his music is classified as but that is my number one pick on pandora, but I can listen to any kind of music.
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi I’m Kat. I love to dance and have no shame in saying I listen to at least 10 Taylor Swift songs a day. I like all genres of music IF it speaks to me whether it be through a good beat or the lyrics. I also played the oboe (badly) and clarinet (also not remarkable) for 6 years.
  • mrsjhardin
    @stephaniejones1055 I used to love Jason Mraz. I need to listen to him again :)

@HappyKat5 There is no shame in listening to Taylor Swift. I will listen to anything I can sing along with and have fun listening to. I think that is the beauty of music.
  • mrsjhardin
    Hello! My name is Joy and I'm from NE Mississippi. I started this group to hopefully help motivate myself and keep my weightloss going. I love all genres of music but I typically gravitate to country music and classic rock lately. My favorite group is an acapella group called Home Free. I took voice lessons for almost 10 years, sang in the choir, and can play the piano VERY little.
  • halvwyn
    halvwyn Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone! My name is Bev, and I'm a college senior currently studying in Western Illinois!

I listen to pretty much every genre under the sun, including several foreign genres including Japanese and Mandarin Pop!

I've been a singer for years in choral, A Capella, and musical theater, played Bb Clarinet and acoustic guitar growing up (neither of which I am able to play with much success anymore), and am currently trying to self-teach myself piano with limited success!

I'm really looking forward to this challenge, and hope it gives me the boost to keep up with my goals I need!
  • mrsjhardin
    @halvwyn thanks for joining us!
  • Cris_elaine7382
    Cris_elaine7382 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi everyone I'm Cristina. Music is key to my success when working out. I love all types of music but gravitate to pop and some country when working out. I'm looking forward to this challenge. I can use anything to help keep me motivated.
  • mrsjhardin
    @Cris_elaine7382 Thanks so much for joining us!
  • mrsjhardin
    @MsArriabella @Cris_elaine7382 @halvwyn @happykat5 @stephaniejones1055 Thanks for introducing yourselves! You've earned 2 points toward Week 2 and Week 1 isn't even over yet :)
  • HappyKat5
    Yup. Yup!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi everyone, I'm Theresa and had a very busy week so am late saying 'hello' to all of you. I'm not sure I have a favourite song but I love listening to everything by The Tragically Hip, a beloved band in Canada. My son is very musical - he's a luthier (creates hand made guitars) and his wife is a trained opera singer. When I babysit by granddaughter who is nine months old we listen to music and dance which is me holding her while she waves her arms and feet vigourously. I always wonder what exercise this would equal to count calories by (she's pretty heavy) but just count the footsteps. On my birthday earlier this month I got some wireless Fitbit earphones which I used on a 10,000 footstep walk as soon as I got them, and you guessed it, I listened to The Tragically Hip.
  • HappyKat5
    Hi everyone, I'm Theresa and had a very busy week so am late saying 'hello' to all of you. I'm not sure I have a favourite song but I love listening to everything by The Tragically Hip, a beloved band in Canada. My son is very musical - he's a luthier (creates hand made guitars) and his wife is a trained opera singer. When I babysit by granddaughter who is nine months old we listen to music and dance which is me holding her while she waves her arms and feet vigourously. I always wonder what exercise this would equal to count calories by (she's pretty heavy) but just count the footsteps. On my birthday earlier this month I got some wireless Fitbit earphones which I used on a 10,000 footstep walk as soon as I got them, and you guessed it, I listened to The Tragically Hip.

Happy you joined the party!!! And welcome
  • mrsjhardin
    @1theresamcvean Definitely sounds like you're surrounded by music! I love the idea of baby dancing. My daughter is almost 4 and we love to dance!
  • zindroth
    zindroth Posts: 334 Member
    Hi,

I have been on mfp for a little under 300 days. I have been taking part in many challenges and really enjoy them. I love music, and usually have some kind playing in the house.

My current favorite song is "the saints are comming" - cover by U2 and Green Day. My favorite song changes regularily. Favorite artist/group is Green Day. I used to play piano but have not touched one in years.