Reviews of Walk At Home Miracle Miles - What's your opinion?

Options
AnnofB
AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
I need something new from Leslie and have been looking at some of her dvd's on Amazon.

This one has very good reviews.

Please share your thoughts on this one. I believe it said you get 5 disc's, a stretch band (a "miracle band" - a rubber tube like thing, not a stretchy band) and a calendar to keep up with the schedule.

TIA

Replies

• AnnofB
    Options
    Hope someone will see this and give their opinion.
    TIA
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but the Walk at Home Facebook group seems to really like it. 5 DVD's and the miracle band.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann, I do have Walk At Home Miracle Miles. I purchased it on Amazon last year during Thanksgiving sales when I stumbled on it being on sale 50% off for a short while. That said I would still have liked it for regular price also.

I do like the DVDs that I have used so far, and like what I saw when I previewed all of the DVDs. There are only so many ways to dress up the basic moves in a walk DVD, but there are other things that make a workout pleasant, and it all works here with this set.

I like the "miracle band". One can also purchase more of them on Amazon. I had searched and discovered them when I was drooling over the DVD set when I placed it on my wish list. they are listed as "FOMI 7 Ring Stretch and Resistance Exercise Band" just search "FOMI" for the company. There are three levels of bands. I ordered a light resistance one (green) when I ordered the Miracle Miles because I'm working on increasing strength after both of my wrist fractures and wasn't sure if I could handle the blue one yet. There is also a black strongest resistance band available. Miracle Miles gives the blue band. There is a noticeable difference in the resistance of the bands that I have. I do like this band. Especially that I can get replacement if needed.

I use this band at times when I do other Leslie DVDs that call for the regular 'stretchy' bands.

It is also Latex free! If that is a concern.
    I have always purchased latex free stretchy bands from Amazon to use with all the previous workouts in case anyone happens to need that information. Just search on Amazon.

There are no workout gloves in the set as shown in the picture(I use my own). I think that must've been a promo when they were on QVC. Instead I received a bonus DVD called "3 Fast & Fun miles" that is labeled to look like it goes with the Miracle Miles set (the colors/ stripes etc look like the MM DVDs). These are not new miles but 3 (apparently random) different miles from some of her newest DVDs. I recognize them. It is nice to have this DVD as an option. I add my own warm up and cool down as it is not a true planned workout made specifically for this DVD if that makes sense. I use it for when I just want some random mile(s) and don't know what I really want :laugh: or just need something extra. They really are fun miles though. (No strength bands of any kind in these miles). Any way I have a post-it-note- reminding me to remember to find, or do my own warmup and plan for a cool down if I'm only using this disk.

For me the "calendar" was useless. It is a large fold out paper poster. Attractive and heavy weight. If one only had this set and needed help scheduling workouts it could possibly be nice to have. It is based on the seasons instead of months. I recycled it.

The DVDs are shipped in a heavier weight cardboard holder as shown. I took them out of this and put into empty CD cases after checking that they all worked. And I cut out the blurb on the cardboard that has information about each disk to refer to if I am trying to pick a DVD to use based on content instead of miles.

Personally I didn't like the idea of slipping a disk in and out of cardboard every time I use it. I am protective of all of my CD and DVDs so that they are never scratched. The cardboard could be useful if one likes using it anyway, but it also makes it harder to store the set because of the larger size. I recycled the cardboard.

I also like the Tone every Zone DVD for another new option. But your strength workouts that you already do far exceed this DVD. But it could be good for an easier, pre-planned, set of circuits for you to just "pop in and press play" as Leslie says. Check Collage Video for a clip to watch.

Hope this message helps.

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    added later today: I just went onto Amazon to check on the MM set. There is an updated picture now that does not include the gloves in it. So I do not know if the "3 Fast & Fun Miles" DVD is included anymore based on my hypothesis that it was a substitute for the gloves on the old picture that were not sent with the disks when ordered outside of QVC.

I searched upon receiving the set, and the additional DVD is not available anywhere else for sale as a new or stand alone workout DVD. Like I said the disk looks like it belongs to the MM set. However, it was included loose in Amazon's box along with the additional FOMI band I purchased and the original MM band, and not inside the MM DVD package. The copyright date on the 3 Fast & Fun Miles is 2016 whereas the copyright on each MM disk is 2015. This also leads me to believe it was an add on at least when I ordered in 2017.

I said above that I recognized these walks, but they may be just very similar to other newer walks because the cast is from the newer DVDs, and the clothing that the walkers and Leslie wears is familiar from newer DVDs also. So I don't know for certain. I couldn't find a match easily so I stopped looking :p .

I write this additional post just in case the extra DVD is no longer included :) . In the review/ questions some said they did receive the DVD when ordering from Amazon, and others did not???

• AnnofB
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    I haven't tried it but the Walk at Home Facebook group seems to really like it. 5 DVD's and the miracle band.

Good to know this. Thank you for the info. :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi Ann, I do have Walk At Home Miracle Miles. I purchased it on Amazon last year during Thanksgiving sales when I stumbled on it being on sale 50% off for a short while. That said I would still have liked it for regular price also.

I do like the DVDs that I have used so far, and like what I saw when I previewed all of the DVDs. There are only so many ways to dress up the basic moves in a walk DVD, but there are other things that make a workout pleasant, and it all works here with this set.

I like the "miracle band". One can also purchase more of them on Amazon. I had searched and discovered them when I was drooling over the DVD set when I placed it on my wish list. they are listed as "FOMI 7 Ring Stretch and Resistance Exercise Band" just search "FOMI" for the company. There are three levels of bands. I ordered a light resistance one (green) when I ordered the Miracle Miles because I'm working on increasing strength after both of my wrist fractures and wasn't sure if I could handle the blue one yet. There is also a black strongest resistance band available. Miracle Miles gives the blue band. There is a noticeable difference in the resistance of the bands that I have. I do like this band. Especially that I can get replacement if needed.

I use this band at times when I do other Leslie DVDs that call for the regular 'stretchy' bands.

It is also Latex free! If that is a concern.
    I have always purchased latex free stretchy bands from Amazon to use with all the previous workouts in case anyone happens to need that information. Just search on Amazon.

There are no workout gloves in the set as shown in the picture(I use my own). I think that must've been a promo when they were on QVC. Instead I received a bonus DVD called "3 Fast & Fun miles" that is labeled to look like it goes with the Miracle Miles set (the colors/ stripes etc look like the MM DVDs). These are not new miles but 3 (apparently random) different miles from some of her newest DVDs. I recognize them. It is nice to have this DVD as an option. I add my own warm up and cool down as it is not a true planned workout made specifically for this DVD if that makes sense. I use it for when I just want some random mile(s) and don't know what I really want :laugh: or just need something extra. They really are fun miles though. (No strength bands of any kind in these miles). Any way I have a post-it-note- reminding me to remember to find, or do my own warmup and plan for a cool down if I'm only using this disk.

For me the "calendar" was useless. It is a large fold out paper poster. Attractive and heavy weight. If one only had this set and needed help scheduling workouts it could possibly be nice to have. It is based on the seasons instead of months. I recycled it.

The DVDs are shipped in a heavier weight cardboard holder as shown. I took them out of this and put into empty CD cases after checking that they all worked. And I cut out the blurb on the cardboard that has information about each disk to refer to if I am trying to pick a DVD to use based on content instead of miles.

Personally I didn't like the idea of slipping a disk in and out of cardboard every time I use it. I am protective of all of my CD and DVDs so that they are never scratched. The cardboard could be useful if one likes using it anyway, but it also makes it harder to store the set because of the larger size. I recycled the cardboard.

I also like the Tone every Zone DVD for another new option. But your strength workouts that you already do far exceed this DVD. But it could be good for an easier, pre-planned, set of circuits for you to just "pop in and press play" as Leslie says. Check Collage Video for a clip to watch.

Hope this message helps.

added later today: I just went onto Amazon to check on the MM set. There is an updated picture now that does not include the gloves in it. So I do not know if the "3 Fast & Fun Miles" DVD is included anymore based on my hypothesis that it was a substitute for the gloves on the old picture that were not sent with the disks when ordered outside of QVC.

I searched upon receiving the set, and the additional DVD is not available anywhere else for sale as a new or stand alone workout DVD. Like I said the disk looks like it belongs to the MM set. However, it was included loose in Amazon's box along with the additional FOMI band I purchased and the original MM band, and not inside the MM DVD package. The copyright date on the 3 Fast & Fun Miles is 2016 whereas the copyright on each MM disk is 2015. This also leads me to believe it was an add on at least when I ordered in 2017.

I said above that I recognized these walks, but they may be just very similar to other newer walks because the cast is from the newer DVDs, and the clothing that the walkers and Leslie wears is familiar from newer DVDs also. So I don't know for certain. I couldn't find a match easily so I stopped looking :p .

I write this additional post just in case the extra DVD is no longer included :) . In the review/ questions some said they did receive the DVD when ordering from Amazon, and others did not???

Thanks Mary for this review. Over to Amazon to see what my options might be on this. I will let you know if I get the bonus DVD or not. I know those package can change without warning, so... we will see. :)
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi @AnnofB! Gosh, I am so sorry I didn't see your post sooner! I want to let you know that I love the Miracle Miles set! It's by far my favorite DVD set of Leslie's. @texasgardnr did an excellent job describing everything, so I won't rehash the specifics. I have done all of the workouts on the set and I love 4 and 5 miles the most (although I always love to do longer walks.) The resistance training included in these workouts is wonderful. I was starting to see better definition in my arms before I was in the car accident. I miss using the Miracle Miles Band so much. It's very comfortable and easy to adjust while using it. She does use it quite a bit in most workouts and some of those sections you stop walking to do resistance work.

Mile sets are not broken up, it's the same group all the way through. They're not taking breaks between miles. I like that consistency. Clothing changes and people changes on various miles is distracting to me.

I also love that each set of miles is different. For example, the 2 mile walk is a completely different walk and not included within the 3, 4 or 5. I hope that makes sense.

If you have any specific questions about it, please let me know. And if you've already purchased the set, let me know how you like it!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi @AnnofB! Gosh, I am so sorry I didn't see your post sooner! I want to let you know that I love the Miracle Miles set! It's by far my favorite DVD set of Leslie's. @texasgardnr did an excellent job describing everything, so I won't rehash the specifics. I have done all of the workouts on the set and I love 4 and 5 miles the most (although I always love to do longer walks.) The resistance training included in these workouts is wonderful. I was starting to see better definition in my arms before I was in the car accident. I miss using the Miracle Miles Band so much. It's very comfortable and easy to adjust while using it. She does use it quite a bit in most workouts and some of those sections you stop walking to do resistance work.

Mile sets are not broken up, it's the same group all the way through. They're not taking breaks between miles. I like that consistency. Clothing changes and people changes on various miles is distracting to me.

I also love that each set of miles is different. For example, the 2 mile walk is a completely different walk and not included within the 3, 4 or 5. I hope that makes sense.

If you have any specific questions about it, please let me know. And if you've already purchased the set, let me know how you like it!

Good Morning!
    Thanks for your comments. I haven't purchased it yet, so your opinion is very timely. I think Leslie just keeps getting better and better. Thanks again!
  • strongwendysue14
    strongwendysue14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I purchased the set on Amazon a couple of weeks ago when it was on sale for about $15. I really like it too! I am glad I read all of the comments because I did not know I could get that resistance band in different levels, although the blue one is working quite well for me. Hubby likes to do these indoor walks when it is too cold or too hot to walk outside or when we are short on time for exercise. His attention span is rather short, so I have not done the longer miles yet.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi strongwendy..... Thanks for your comments. I got a $10 off code from Leslie's site. Still haven't ordered it, (procrastinating in a big way here lately). Wish i had seen it for $15 on Amazon!