How/where do I record start times for cardio on MFP?

Options
dinzetta
dinzetta Posts: 2 Member
I haven't been doing this so for the past 2 days have had no exercises recorded on MFP. I'm not sure how to do this? Here are the instructions.

2. Record start times for all cardio exercises

In order for your Fitbit tracker to accurately calculate your calorie burn, you'll need to record a start time for all cardio exercises you log on MyFitnessPal. If you use a MyFitnessPal mobile app, make sure you update to the latest version so that you can record start times from the app as well.

Thank you!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    When you log cardio on MFP with a tracker attached it should ask you the start time. But it's actually better to let Fitbit take care of all exercise.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Dittos.

The exercise Diary is not as nice as the one on Fitbit, so you don't need it recorded in MFP for that reason.

The calorie burn from it is already on Fitbit, and therefore it comes over to MFP to do math with during a sync, so you don't need it for that reason.

That leaves informing your friends list of your workout - just make a wall post with more inspiring info then you'd get from a workout logged.
  • dinzetta
    dinzetta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It does bring over calories, but they don't add up right when I add up the exercise calories from fitbit per day. I always see less calories on MFP. ?? I guess that's ok. I try not to eat the extra calories anyway
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Read the FAQ in the stickies for this group.

That Fitbit adjustment may be on the Exercise Diary - but it is not just, or may not even be any, exercise.

It is merely the difference between what Fitbit says you burned doing whatever your day was, and what Fitbit estimated your daily burn would be based on your best guess of 4 activity levels and no exercise expected.

So if you were willing to trust MFP, trust it trying to correct itself, enjoy those extra calories.

MFP trying to teach a life lesson regarding weight management.
    You do more you eat more.
    You do less you eat less.

In a diet a tad less in either case.