April 23 Weekly Challenge: Make Your Week Harder

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
Theme: Exercise and Movement
Challenge: Make Your Week Harder

Let's get moving!

Dr. Mike Evans is a physician who has produced and narrated a series of white board videos on various health topics. One of the concepts he promotes is “Let's Make Our Day Harder” by looking for ways to add a little more movement into our day. Since this is a natural lead-in to Sit Less Boot Camp, let's extend his concept to a full week. Let's look for opportunities to be more active throughout our week.... by taking the stairs, parking further away, and adding a few more steps here and there. With a little practice, it's easy to do. And it can make a big difference in our health.

This Week's Challenge: Watch Dr. Evans' video and then find and implement ways you can be more active throughout your week. Practice these small actions and see which are a good fit for you and something you can sustain.

Replies

• themedalist
    edited April 2018
    Options
    And it’s Move It Monday!

1drxry0b4r29.jpeg

Please post your Monday workout here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10637806/move-it-monday-weekly-challenge
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm a tad bit late this week but I am going to park farther away from my job this week. I take a walk during my break already, so I think I will take a walk after dinner with my husband. I'll do it by myself if he doesnt want to. Lol.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge.

I park further away, always on purpose
    I have changed my morning routine and now instead of sitting to use my laptop I get moving. Use the laptop before bed.
    Stopped procrastinating, making myself do the chores and things I need to do instead of complaining about it.
    Started strength training again.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Agh, i forgot to park further away, but I'm about to run (drive) to another building for some work and I'll take the stairs - :s
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow @PinkyPan1, your steps count must be awesome! I'm still trying to improve. Yesterday I was so tired, I didn't even make 10K, but I'm going to keep going. It improves my mood :) I don't have any stairs but I'm sure there is something I can do at home to increase my steps.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Fantastic posts! Thanks for all the suggestions.
  • themedalist
    Options
    aobhro wrote: »
    I have got off the bus early every day so far, I am making myself walk more, I have more steps in the past few days than last week :)

Love this! We do have to nudge ourselves sometimes but it can really pay off!
  • themedalist
    Options
    MmamabearR wrote: »
    I've been taking the stairs at work more. There is one building that I work in sometimes with three stories. Taking the stairs used to kill me. Now it's not so bad. Not easy, but not bad.

Plus - non-scale victory - I can do full jumping jacks!!

Stairs and jumping jacks are both great accomplishments!
  • themedalist
    Options
    I have this week used on my steps and on Thursday I really stepped it up on the treadmill walked over a half mile at a faster pace.

Wonderful, @susie_q1968! You certainly have embraced our challenge this week!