Beginning Keto

Kellip223
Kellip223 Posts: 1 Member
Hi there - I am getting ready to begin a Keto lifestyle (Dr. suggested) change and am looking for help finding the best information so that I understand my macro-nutrient needs, calories, etc.
I know it is more difficult than just eating fats all day.

Replies

• dfemb
    dfemb Posts: 1 Member
    Go to Keto Connect on youtube, that's where I started, great advice and great recipes (for being so young) but if you want an older recommendation, watch KenDBerry MD. I've been on for a month and lost 14 lbs so far...good luck!
  • lt3320
    lt3320 Posts: 1 Member
    i have used a macronutrient calculator and am trying to stay at around 1200 calories
    I would love someone to post what has worked for them as far as sample meals
  • hope4bliss
    hope4bliss Posts: 2 Member
    I just started today - Here is what I am planning on for dinner - its from the ruled.me website, you can import their recipes directly into myfitnesspal which is a huge bonus for tracking

This makes 5 total servings of Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Soup. Each serving comes out to be 523 Calories, 44.2g Fats, 3.4g Net Carbs, and 20.8g Protein.
    The Preparation
    • 3 Chicken Thighs, deboned and sliced (~1.2 lbs without bones)
    • 1 tsp. Onion Powder
    • 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
    • 1/2 tsp. Celery Seed
    • 1/4 cup Butter
    • 1/3 - 1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (depending on how spicy you like it)
    • 3 cups Beef Broth
    • 1 cup Heavy Cream
    • 2 oz. Cream Cheese
    • 1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum
    • Salt and Pepper to Taste
    The Execution
    1. De-bone the chicken thighs, slice the chicken into chunks and drop them in the crockpot with the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot except for cream, cheese, and xanthan gum.
    2. Set crockpot on low for 6 hours (or high for 3 hours) and let cook completely.
    3. Once everything is cooked, remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred using a fork.
    4. Add cream, cheese, and xanthan gum to the crockpot. Use an immersion blender to emulsify all of the liquids together.
    5. Place the chicken back into the crockpot and stir together. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper, and hot sauce if you'd like.