Anyone else frustrated with the Aria 2 scale?

missblondi2u
missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
I've had the Fitbit Aria 2 scale for a couple of weeks now, and I'm not sure I like it. My main pet peeve is this--Every weight syncs to MFP, but only the dips are posted to my feed. So when my weight bumps up, like after a hard workout or particularly large meal, and then dips back down to normal, I get what appears to be a big loss posted to my feed. Like every few days I'm posting 2+ pound weight losses, which gets me likes that I don't deserve. For some reason this is bugging the crap out of me and feels like it takes away from real losses when they happen. It makes me want to delete the highs, but for some reason that also feels like cheating.

/rant over/

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Ya, it does appear strange when I see it.

Frankly, never thought of the normal water weight changes - I assumed a little problem was had and gained weight, just to lose it again.

Because I never could see enough updates to know it was every few days for the loss, just seemed way too frequent for 2lb losses.

I know some just sync the scale's that send a feed to like another app for trends - and then find their 1 valid day a week to actually log on MFP.
    Morning after rest day eating normal sodium levels, not sore from last workout.

To minimize known water weight changes.
  • GSV3MiaC
    GSV3MiaC Posts: 22 Member
    You need to not look at daily weights and look at trends - I find the graph(s) on the fitbit website (dashboard) are probably the most use. I weigh daily, or sometimes more, but I don't worry about the answers .. it's almost impossible to achieve and real weight (muscle/fat) change in a day, but you can lose/gain 5Kg (of water) really easily.

The more individual points you have, the better the trend graph, but the 'Oh heck, I gained 2lb today' is just nonsense (unless you really over-ate by 7,000 Kcal) and 'I lost 1Kg today' is even sillier unless you ran a marathon, ate nothing, or had liposuction.