Welcome to Sit Less Boot Camp and a Pre-Challenge Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased to see so many first-timers here, as well as our Boot Camp alumni!

Welcome All!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I am very excited to do this boot camp - my first one online! I need to MOVE MORE - I am grossly over weight, a diabetic and suffer with depression! I need to lose weight to save my life - I need to lose weight so I can see my 4 grandchildren grow up!! Thank you for this group and the support! I am ready to Sit Less

You are in the right place and have the right plan. I am a pre diabetic and have to lose weight like my life depends on it. Hugs and welcome! You can do this!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I am really excited to do Sit Less Boot Camp again! The very first time around I didn't really get the concept of "finding one way that you can sit less every day". There seemed to be so many changes that I needed to make that I really didn't learn how to focus on the main thing. At least that is what I think happened. I am still not sure what the "main thing " actually is. I really do need to do some thinking on what this would really be or what it would actually 'look like'.

But.... on the other hand since my first boot camp a number of things I learned really have stayed in my mind, and there were some things that actually changed that have really stayed with me, but when it comes down to it, the areas that need to be changed the most still need to be changed the most.

I'm pretty tired so I will stop trying to explain it to myself, let alone y'all :s . But I did want to check in before going to sleep. I'll have to re read this in the morning :o .

But, even for all of that, there is one thing that I do know without a doubt, and that is that even though I haven't mastered the sitting less, is that I have changed how much I do sit, and that when I do sit way too long at any one time I definitely know that it was too long. Before my first Boot Camp I truly had no clue, and never heard of this before.

And for that I truly have remained grateful.

Blessings,
    :flowerforyou:

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a day late and a dollar short it appears! Story of my life... :mrgreen:

This is my second Sit Less Boot Camp and I'm really looking forward to it. I think I was much like @texasgardnr the first time, in that I didn't know what I was looking for...trying to do it all and fix everything in one go-round. I need to focus on doing 1 thing consistently so it becomes second nature to me.

Last year after the challenge I persuaded my leadership at work to purchase a portable stand-up desk, which I had to promise I would use 50% of my day. I was sitting 30 minutes and standing 30 minutes alternating throughout the day. It was wonderful! I have since changed employers and do not have the stand-up desk anymore. I can tell that I am way more sedentary than I was, so this is perfect challenge at the perfect time for me.

Let's do this! :smile:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a day late and a dollar short it appears! Story of my life... :mrgreen:

This is my second Sit Less Boot Camp and I'm really looking forward to it. I think I was much like @texasgardnr the first time, in that I didn't know what I was looking for...trying to do it all and fix everything in one go-round. I need to focus on doing 1 thing consistently so it becomes second nature to me.

Let's do this! :smile:
    @OConnell5483, That's it exactly! I was trying to figure out what was going on with me and how to explain it properly when I was posting :noway:!!
    You put it into a nutshell as they say!
    Trying to fix everything surely didn't work for me either. Even though I do sit much less than before, I am not consistent in the way I would be if I had a true habit going on!

:flowerforyou: