5/2 Wednesday Day 2 SLBC: How Habits Work

Options
2»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    These are great and thank you for sharing. Every time I think to sit down, I now ask myself " do you really need to sit?" Sitting is difficult for me so I do stand most of the day. In fact I side step when standing in place. Blame Leslie Sansone....my husband calls it the pee dance."
    I also have my laptop on my kitchen counter. This helps me from sitting and spending time online. I have to quit leaning though. I am working on that.

Asking yourself, "Do I really need to sit?" is a great way to sit less throughout the day. Thanks for the idea, @PinkyPan1!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @PinkyPan1, What I have been doing since my first Boot Camp to help me not lean over while using my iPad on the kitchen counter is I use an adjustable tablet stand, adjusted to the angle that I can easily read with. Then I put it with the iPad on top of a taller shoe box on the kitchen counter. This particular box works for me, but I did try out different things to elevate the iPad enough for me. Sometimes I readjust the stand to use it for my e-reader or phone so that I can stand and read on them also. When I'm done I just stash the box out of sight.
    Maybe you can find something to help elevate your laptop enough to help you.

There are sit-stand desk converters that are height-adjustable that one can purchase to convert flat surfaces or conventional desks to a taller height. I don't have the space to make that work for me. So I didn't really explore that option.

:flowerforyou:
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    hahahaha I am laughing so hard.