Zip Question

Options
My question is, does the Zip "remember" your data for a long time, such that if you sync only once a week or once every two weeks you can still download your data?

I have a One that I love, but since it's been discontinued I'm nervous that I'm a washing machine accident away from not having a tracker.

My plan is to buy a Zip, set up a separate account for it, and wear it concurrently with the One for the purpose of being able to compare Calories Burned (such that if something happens to the One, I'll know how close the Zip is to the One comparing apples to apples activity each day).

However, I don't feel like logging in and out of the Fitbit app to switch accounts often to sync both devices consistently.

(As an aside, I purchased a Nokia Go tracker for this purpose and it was the worst tech purchase I've ever made. It didn't count all my steps, the calories burned were extremely low, and the waist clip broke after 3 weeks - do not buy!)

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Depends on how much movement you have it has to remember.

It stores step data unless that get's too full, then oldest data is converted to daily total to keep logging current.
    Repeat.

I'll give this data for late Feb.
    Last sync Wed morning - drive until 3pm, backpack for 11K steps.
    Thu - 28K
    Fri - 22K
    Sat - 7K and drive.
    First sync Fri night.

Still had the individual steps from Wed morning. 68K steps over 3 days+12 hrs.

How long until you hit 70K steps?

Since going for calorie burn data (I'd compare total steps and distance too since that ultimately leads to calories) - the steps per 5 min blocks of time really aren't needed anyway - so you could probably make it a very long time before a sync needed. A month easy.

Now my step data was worthless for desired calorie burn and distance, so not really useful (device was calibrated for my weight, not my weight + 45 lbs).

But it was there.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I find my Calories Burned on my One extremely accurate (perhaps even underestimates my burn), so I definitely want to capture all the data from the Zip to compare.