Charge 2 and the trouble with bands

Debbborra
Debbborra Posts: 4 Member
Hi there. Well, the best thing about the charge 2 (OK, it's not actually the BEST thing, but it's a nice thing) is that you can change the bands. That's good because that band gave me a rash. So, I bought a stainless steel band that looks like a watch band. Turns out stainless steel has nickel in it and my skin reacts to that too. I found a nylon woven band (think macrame) that is easy on my skin, but too colorful and hard to put on and take off.

Does anyone else have sensitive skin and suggestions?

Replies

• jdkdavis
    jdkdavis Posts: 7 Member
    No suggestions, just glad to know I'm not the only one with a rash from this band!!
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    I got one of the Fitbit sport bands which seems to have significantly reduced the rashes I was getting on my wrist. Because I was getting them too, but it seems like they've gone away since I've had this sport band.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I got a sport silicone band on amazon. So far so good. It's more flexible and there's no buckle to deal with either.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B077HNPYZ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon has a LOT of options, honestly. I hope you find something that works.
  • rosey0104
    rosey0104 Posts: 20 Member
    I have a stainless steel one Link for nicer occasions and just everyday wear. Most people see it and just think I have a regular watch on. Then I have a exercise band for hiking, seriously sweaty stuff aka June-September in the south. Link

For the first couple months when I just had my original band I had issues with a rash on the inside of my wrist from washing my hands or sweating with it on and just not fully drying it off.
  • orkla
    orkla Posts: 34 Member
    @rosey0104 I've got the same Stainless Steel one! Several colours by now, because I like them so much and keep buying them.
  • orkla
    orkla Posts: 34 Member
    Got the same rash, I think. It was just too sweat trapping no matter how loosely I wore it.